Sorcerer spell selection and releveling

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Quizmar

Sorcerer spell selection and releveling

Post by Quizmar » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:47 am

Currently max level sorcerers have no way of selecting new spells besides releveling. This is both extremely tedious, and is not an intended use of the -relevel function. Considering the recent discussion around this mechanic I believe its time for a simple fix regarding this.
Sorcerers could change their spells with a special ability or command on a 24 hour cooldown, simple. -pickspells

AstralUniverse

Re: Sorcerer spell selection and releveling

Post by AstralUniverse » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 am

Just relevel. This exactly what relevel is for. Fixing your character after update is really the least abusive use of Relevel that I can think of. It is tedious, I agree but you only need to do it once and for the record nothing is stopping you from just ignoring this update altogether if you dont want to relevel. I'm also pretty sure changing spells without nwn base levelup system would require a lot of work but I'm no dev.

Svrtr wrote:

I've spoken with Kenji and warpriest will be allowed to take elemental avatar so keep this in mind too

Biolab00
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Biolab00 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:55 am

AstralUniverse wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 am

Just relevel. This exactly what relevel is for. Fixing your character after update is really the least abusive use of Relevel that I can think of. It is tedious, I agree but you only need to do it once and for the record nothing is stopping you from just ignoring this update altogether if you dont want to relevel. I'm also pretty sure changing spells without nwn base levelup system would require a lot of work but I'm no dev.

No. I believe that what OP means is to have a -pickspells function for infinite re-choosing of spells because sorcerers are inherently able to change their spells upon level up until they reach max level whereby such means are therefore impossible to achieve.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:34 pm

AstralUniverse wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 am

nothing is stopping you from just ignoring this update altogether if you dont want to relevel

Sorc -relevel for this update wasn't optional