Adventure XP - pool size

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

eggplantdrow

Re: Adventure XP - pool size

Post by eggplantdrow » Fri May 03, 2024 10:47 pm

My character between those levels (22) has an adventure XP pool of 0. I have used it all, and don't often get much back, because I don't do much fighting.

LivelyParticle
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by LivelyParticle » Fri May 03, 2024 11:00 pm

Professional writ, L22 - 19230 adventure exp.

Babylon System is the Vampire

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Sat May 04, 2024 12:15 am

I forgot which one is which, but I took the writ that gives more adventure xp less xp up front. I've done about 4-5 writs on average per week save for the first two days and spend a lot of time standing around roleplaying. I have 90k-ish adventure xp stocked up, and I'm level 26 creeping toward 27.

I know this isn't really part of the question, but I wouldn't do the slow track again. It didn't slow me down all that much, the pay increase was minimal, and I can't stand looking at a pool of adventure xp I won't really use up.

Elona Helshar

Post by Elona Helshar » Sat May 04, 2024 1:05 am

1 I have one at about 22k at level 12, it was about 40 at 11, i've been messing around in town roleplaying which is is like the main point of a roleplaying server right? I love that adventuring xp takes away the pressure to grind if i don't want to. The thing that confuses me that i've heard about is the concept of roleplaying points and how that relates to experience gain from it. Sounds sorta unfair imo. Sounds like it'd push people less seen roleplaying into roleplaying even less since those people would have more of a grinding pressure to keep up.

2 I relax, using a freelance contract, i take a few writs every now and then to keep it topped up, when rp is slow or happens to go that way. I have no idea what adventure mode is though. Crafting xp is a nice little bonus when i have a chance to craft things. 200 from a portal is a little bit of excitement.

Ruzuke

Post by Ruzuke » Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 am

1) Most of my characters tend to have 40k+ banked. The exception being pirates who quit adventure writs.

2) I mostly do the freelance. It is lower XP up front, but I count on the writ XP for just RPing. So my story is about hanging with friends, weaving a story with others rather than killing everything that moves.

Acina

Post by Acina » Sat May 04, 2024 4:19 am

I always start in Skaljard

1) I have a recent alt who is Level 19 in Skaljard, and I only turned on adventure mode because I literally hit zero adventurer XP when I began to actively roleplay a lot more than adventure or writs

2) I find it to be a form of currency that I need to be cognizant of. It is most valuable in the latest stages of a character's development. When my Warpriest reached level 28, the amount of adventurer experience I accumulated is what slowly allowed me to reach Level 30, as I became more and more involved in my settlement's roleplay and far less the wilderness.

Cnaym

Post by Cnaym » Sat May 04, 2024 9:44 am

Lvl 23 - 50 thousand adventure EXP

I tend to do normal writs and leave adventure mode off for regular play sessions and throw in a day of freelance whenever it gets low, mostly at lvl 10ish and then again at 20ish as those last throughout the entire process for me usually.

When I level through sailing I tend to do 2 days of freelance write beforehand though just to pile up enough.

If my characters have a reason to stick on Skal for a while I swap to freelance at lvl 16 for the increased gold, my record adventure exp was 300k or so but it gets set back to 100k as soon as you head over to the main island :P

Whosdis

Post by Whosdis » Sat May 04, 2024 11:54 am

1) I have been doing different methods to keep my adventure XP up, including with my most recent character (a 16 start) to doing mid teens writs as a freelancer to establish a pool before going back to professional writs. That character largely stayed between 20-30k adventure XP until level 30. I replayed and circle grinded my last level as I had no one to do the penultimate writs with, which brought me down to 15k adventure XP.

My prior two characters ran out of adventure XP a few times, in spite of starting out with freelance on my low level writs and using -adventure.

2) I like to roleplay, and yet I don't find doing writs themselves to be very fun nor a good opportunity to roleplay; I prefer to be in towns and the like. I do my upmost to keep a decent pool of axp up.

I constantly switch up my writ papers. IMO freelance to 30 is nonviable as I need to get to 30 to do the things I want to do and the payout is too slow, so I always use professional writs 80% of the time. However, I like to have a solid base so I can rp leisurely. Unfortunately most [rest] areas are kind of crap for RP. It would be more conducive if the Elven High Hall or Cordor Square had the tag, but alas.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sat May 04, 2024 4:21 pm

The character I am currently leveling, which I have from several months now, is stuck at level 28, with pool that is currently 0, or little more than that.

She is in adventure mode from character creation. My biggest regret is that when I chose the writ option I chose the professional, which slowed my leveling down further.

I found the experience so far rather frustrating and painfully slow, honestly. Those 60k xp to get to 30 seem so far away, especially since whenever I log I get into rp.

I normally do not even have time to seek adventure xp sources, although lately some exploration, writs, and portals were of mild usefulness.

The character is a rogue for most of her levels.

Madgamer13

Post by Madgamer13 » Wed May 08, 2024 10:33 pm

Level 29 with 90k+ Adventure EXP.

I play with freelance writs only, no adventure mode or LM explorer boost. The majority of my experience gain occurs through killing mobs and passive gains through the pool whittling down. I gather adventure xp exclusively through freelance writs for the express purposes of passively gaining experience and slowly leveling up as I RP in settlements. While this method is much slower than doing professional writs and grinding out levels with the boys, I much prefer to engage in RP and have the time to let my pool tick down. :D

• Kritheris Gwette

Disaster Lesbian

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 am

I've currently got a PC at level 27; been on adventure mode the entire time I've been levelling the PC, while doing Professional writ work.

I've less than 1000 banked adventure XP at this particular moment in time.

I try and not grind; I spend a good amount of time happy to keep on and RP between the moments. Mind you; this is also being done in the UD,

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Rolled; Has become a Human Shade
Liliana Elossa -Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps
Sariah N'landroshien -Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu May 09, 2024 5:44 pm

Level 23, pool is about 1-2k at the moment. I usually do keep -adventure turned on from the very start and only switch it off about level 28 or 29 sometime. I'm probably online too much so the pool is never very large when I'm playing a character. I can see the pools jumping up a fair bit for people who login > do writs > log out.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.