Instructions for planting and using indoor gardens

Post all your ingame screenshots in here. Organize them by creating seperate threads for events.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Aeralad

Instructions for planting and using indoor gardens

Post by Aeralad » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:48 am

The Clerics of Chauntea bring to all of Arelith the basic instructions for planting more plants in gardens of fertile land.

For the indoor garden part, you should be able to walk in and get the bushes you require for planting.

Basic planting instructions:

No skill required, available to everyone who wants to plant for the herbs they need.

The basic idea is to use the fertile land to maximize its capability through
crop reorganization. Normally a garden can only hold a few plants, but with a few
different techniques one can use a garden for more plants than it normally would hold.

The drawback is that this will not allow the plants to remain there forever. It is important
that if one sees this technique having been used, and the plants are wilting, that they be
returned to the public indoor garden or they be reorganized once again.

Now to begin, you will have plants already in a garden. If a garden is not full or is empty,
plants can already be put down in it until it's limit.
With practice, one can avoid a good portion of this step due to precision. But to be completely
precise, sometimes it is unavoidable.
Also, beforehand one should just pick the herbs that show already - they will drop anyway.

This first step is to simply hold the plants a bit out of the garden, so one can fix the roots of added plants into it as well.
//You have to use -pickup_fixture, sometimes until ALL of the plants in the garden are picked up.
For some plants it won't be possible to remove them. Simply ignore these.
//These seem to be permanent resources instead of fixtures, so they won't be affected by fixture commands.

Garden emptied
Picture - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BRlb4 ... EvbdnFdTqM

Remember it is important to be nice to your fellow citizens and herbalists when doing this. Keep careful
track of the plants that were originally in the garden, and afterward replant them. I know off the top
of my head now that the garden in Skaljard originally has 3 nuts, 2 berries, 1 fruit, 1 strideleaf,
1 sweetberry, and 1 ladys tear, for a total of 9 plants. I have always replanted those exact plants
to the garden after I am finished.
//People have had the capability to do this for a long time, but the Be Nice rule message flashes every time you pick up a plant. Remember to replant it afterward, else you are breaking the rule. Don't break the rule. The message says don't move the plants, so replant them afterward.

Now when you have gotten all the plants from the original garden into the position, you put your plants
down into the garden. Then all you do is extend the roots so that they are outside of the garden,
and replant the original plants once finished.
//Plant your plants when the garden is empty, then use -move_fixture in whatever way appears best.
To help me I like to type -move_fixture in notepad so I can ctrl v quickly into the chat bar, and
type whatever numbers I want after fast. The goal of the -move_fixture is to get them outside of the
garden so the garden can still have plants put in it after.

Our plants added
Picture - https://drive.google.com/open?id=11QG2b ... B9gqmcbXlr

Remember once you are done, simply put the original plants back in a decent order.
//Finish by putting the original plants down again after.

Original and our plants together.
Picture - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q5O3F ... usX_tNCjXX

Tips:
- Picking the garden beforehand to avoid remains also helps if another comes by. You can give them
the yield they wanted if need be.
- With practice this becomes easier, and sometimes you only need a small corner of the garden open.
- Try to move the plants in a decent way together, but also not too close. It helps to remember where you planted the first few, and space the others apart at the planting point.
- Afterward, the plants will have to be accessed from the original point of planting. Sometimes it
is instead from some point on the move_fixture path you moved the plant. This means that you could
put the plant all the way out over there, but the way to access it is where you planted it in the garden.
- The original point of planting might have to be where you use -pickup_fixture again if you want to
pick up the plants you are moving. The fixtures start location is sometimes significant.

Remember as well to pay attention to wilted plants, and maybe return them to the public indoor garden when finished.
// After a reset they become wilted, stop yielding herbs, and are accessible at the location they are at.
-pickup_fixture can be used right next to the wilted plant to pick it up, instead of where it was planted.
I am the champion
When they write my story they're gonna say that I did it for the glory
But don't think that I did it for the fame I did it for the love of the game

theCountofMonteCristo
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Instructions for planting and using indoor gardens

Post by theCountofMonteCristo » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:51 am

This 100% is exploitation of game mechanics and you absolutely should not be doing this.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Instructions for planting and using indoor gardens

Post by Queen Titania » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:56 am

theCountofMonteCristo wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:51 am
This 100% is exploitation of game mechanics and you absolutely should not be doing this.
Please don't feed my sister.