Which Alignment is your favorite?

Polls can be created by Patrons only (try-out for now)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Favorite Alignment Choices

Lawful Good
8%
Neutral Good
11%
Chaotic Good
12%
Lawful Neutral
9%
True Neutral
7%
Chaotic Neutral
14%
Lawful Evil
19%
Neutral Evil
12%
Chaotic Evil
8%

Total votes: 349

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Which Alignment is your favorite?

Post by Zaravella » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:29 pm

I had a blast playing a Chaotic Neutral character... but she was so... very... tedious. :lol:

These days my main character is Lawful Good - and I am enjoying her immensely.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Lawful Neutral! -The Soldier's Alignment!

I particularly liked playing Lawful Neutral Rangers... not caring so much for good or evil, but holding up the Laws of Nature!

*stand back and watches the wolf attack the deer, not interfereing, knowing the wolf-pack will feed it's young soon.*
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Thalion

Post by Thalion » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:10 am

i hate to pick one, both NE and CG i find super fun to portray.

NE: i love this alignment because of how Amoral it is. For me when i play an NE alignment i find they are the sneaky ones, not skill-wise but in personality, they can be kind, and polite, but will also go penguin clubbing if they feel it is to their gain. they do not act on impulse, but out of practicality, or to serve their own ends.

CG: The way i approach CG is almost childlike, good intentions, but not always good methods. they have strong morals, but those morals are compromised at times because they are not as methodical as LG, and tend to care 'too much' about something, causing them to behave in questionable manners.

Exordius

Post by Exordius » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 am

True Neutral... I can be all of the alignments and none of them depending on the situation or the person I'm dealing with at a given time.

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Bunnysmack » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:52 pm

CG, but that's largely because Harry Dresden is my spirit animal. When I see a good aligned protagonist saving the day, the gold standard for this now includes leading hordes of pixies into battle by way of pizza-based bribery.

"This is not how diplomacy is done."
“You're in America now. Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer.”
Smirks, "You have a sandwich?"
"Who do I look like, Kissinger?"
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:10 am

CG. I have a particular love for the romantic swashbuckling heroes. D'artagnan and the Three Musketeers, Robin Hood, Zorro, and Indiana Jones in particular have always been some of my favorite heroes since I was a kid. Mavericks fighting for what they think is right with little regard for the rules. Even the musketeers who swore to protect a monarch broke several laws in the process of doing so. While I'm capable of playing any alignment I tend to mostly do CG, or a NG or a CN with a CG lean.

Oh the year was 1778...

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:17 pm

All about CN - Be the wildcard, have the sketchy morals - maybe do the right thing but not for the right reasons. Be a lawyer not to ensure goodness or fairness but to find loopholes and spread some chaos to highlight how dumb making everyone follow a code they didn't choose is.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

chops1916

Post by chops1916 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:08 pm

CN. It's probably most similar to my own personality. It's also the most flexible in my opinion. Characters can be bad or good as my whims take me. Generally good, with some occasional self service and a propensity for violence. Useful trait for adventurers. It tends to be the type of characters I play, though I've only really started about two months ago. I also only have two characters so far.

My first character I kind of don't know what to do with. His goal was to come to Arelith to increase his skills to enable him to return to Neverwinter and complete his backstory. Yet I don't know how to go about finding, or creating the kind of faction that could help him further his goal to that end.

My second character is much easier to play. A big, dumb half orc barbarian that lives for fightin' and feastin'! All he wants to do is become the best, well known fighter on the isle. He was a concept I had early enough through playing my first character. The first or second day I played him he found a faction already.

Waldo52

Post by Waldo52 » Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 pm

"HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PIG DIE?!"

Chaotic evil all the way.

LovelyLightningWitch

Post by LovelyLightningWitch » Wed May 05, 2021 10:09 pm

Chaotic Good deities have good afterlives, therefore Chaotic Good characters.

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 pm

Neutral Good, because it embraces good above all. It's selfless pragmatism.
Tove Auburnridge

LIAR LIAR

Post by LIAR LIAR » Fri May 07, 2021 4:29 pm

I prefer CN or LE. So I checked the poll, saw CN was behind, and voted for that because I'm NG irl.

Tim Burton Feature Presentation

Post by Tim Burton Feature Presentation » Sat May 08, 2021 6:38 am

CHAOTIC EVIL
"The darkest minds are often peering through tinted glass so utterly dark that there seems to be no light left in the world."

Hobojoe

Post by Hobojoe » Tue May 11, 2021 11:35 pm

The most fun I've had with a character was with LN, trying to get by in the world with a very rigid set of principles that I refused to break created a lot of tension and forced me into events and encounters that could otherwise be avoided.
Thrar of the Winterwood

Nurel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nurel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:34 am

I chose Chaotic Good mainly because at this point in life it is exactly what I need to play in order to unwind and relieve stress

I used to love NE, CE, and LN, and I still do; but being the bad guy, the selfish guy or the morally rigid guy is just too draining for me at the moment. Although I could probably handle evil as a monster race, since they can easily be comic relief characters which is great.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:52 pm

I usually play good hearted characters but my favourite alignment is definitely Lawful Evil. Twisting the rules to get away with sins or oppress others, using the word of law. Climbing the ranks to gain more power. LE is the best evil in my opinion. :) Now come closer and sign this contract if you would. :twisted:
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

furryn

Post by furryn » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:37 am

Artenides wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:52 pm
I usually play good hearted characters but my favourite alignment is definitely Lawful Evil. Twisting the rules to get away with sins or oppress others, using the word of law. Climbing the ranks to gain more power. LE is the best evil in my opinion. :) Now come closer and sign this contract if you would. :twisted:
I sort of echo this.

LE characters are probably also the most likely character to delude themselves into thinking they are a completely different alignment than they are, simply because the faith they place in the personal CoC makes them believe they are better, or at least different, from others. So from a storytelling perspective this is very good.

But I also really like NG. Because it's good, with the recognition that order has it place, but when the rules do not work, they should be broken.
- The need to utter the words "I'm not stupid" implies the opposite.
How do i know? Well, obviously because I'm not stupid.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:19 pm

Chaotic evil.
🤡

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:23 pm

My favorite alignment to play is neutral good. I honestly struggle to not play neutral good. To me, it's being able to work for good things without being restricted to a method for achieving those good things.

My favorite alignment to play with is lawful evil for the reasons furryn mentioned:
LE characters are probably also the most likely character to delude themselves into thinking they are a completely different alignment than they are, simply because the faith they place in the personal CoC makes them believe they are better, or at least different, from others.
I tend to prefer conflict dynamics that are far weighted towards the RP side (as opposed to the PvP side), and this combination tends to lead to that due to the LE's code and the NG's goodness with code flexibility.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

xf1313

Post by xf1313 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:09 am

Chaotic Good and Lawful Evill being great fun, chaotic neutral, neutral good come close second, there are a lot of freedom in personality.

Hard to say if I have a favorite alignment, There’s always a preferred alignment for different class+race and story background. And basically I don’t play Chaotic Evil at all, way to destructive for others to have a good time.

Just got my first promote on my little rogue Bo! I was so excited to find that out after some RP. I have created and deleted quite a few characters at low level. This little guy (chaotic) feels natural to play, he speaks and do things with his own mind. Bo interacts well with other alignments around, a little conflict feels great. But a chaotic wizard or fighter will blow my mind.
Wild-elf Druid Laurifin Goldenleaf
Drow shadowlord Lomin Nightshade

Void

Post by Void » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:18 am

Neutral Evil.

It offers maximum freedom. You're neither bound by tradition, nor are affected too much by your own whims and emotions. You can ally with anyone and anything and be anywhere, as long as it suits your own desires and plans. NE can't be roped into some sort of self-sacrifice mission, and can simply abandon those folks NE does not deem useful and does not care about.
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Surprising amount of LE. Fall in that same boat, though. Either twisting the laws that make a goodie second guess themselves, or creating a code that projects yourself as an anti-hero to some.