Language Learning System

Polls can be created by Patrons only (try-out for now)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

What do you think about language learning?

It's perfect as it is
36%
Learning languages should be harder and take longer
2%
Learning languages should be harder and have limitations and challenges to learning a language (e.g. Finding a 100% fluent tutor, tutor must agree to teach you, not just eavesdropping)
10%
Learning a language should be easier and faster
11%
Learning should be easier, but there should be more limitations and challenges to learning a language (e.g. Finding a 100% fluent tutor, tutor must agree to teach you, not just eavesdropping)
15%
I don't like language learning. Let me just have languages from my background / character creation, or spend points like with crafting
26%

Total votes: 143

LasharaDyran

Re: Language Learning System

Post by LasharaDyran » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:46 am

It's a really strange stance to be okay with the old system but against the language requirement since that gives some taste of the old system.
I'm not supporting the exclusivity of the old system, only saying that to my mind (because of the old system) dweomercrafting is synonymous with enchanting, and that it makes sense for a ESF:Enchanter to be able to do ALL the dweomercrafting.

Like, I would still support a Tier 3 Dweomercrafter being able to do all the stuff they can currently do, and runic enchants based on languages...

I just don't really get how an ESF: Enchanter would have dweomer enchants they could never do (because they aren't ESF of a class with high INT investment and thus can't learn the bonus languages required).