What is your sentiment towards the rate of which levels and experience are gained?

Polls can be created by Patrons only (try-out for now)

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

What is your sentiment on Arelith's current leveling speed and rate of xp gain?

It is too fast
37%
It is fine
48%
It is too slow
15%

Total votes: 387

Bazelgeuse

Re: What is your sentiment towards the rate of which levels and experience are gained?

Post by Bazelgeuse » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:03 am

Kenji wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:51 am

We should introduce more ways to earn xp than writs or circle grind- higher “Hub” rest XP ticks, fishing, crafting, mining, gathering, piety gain- things I can think of that should all provide a small amount of xp so that players don’t feel circlegrind or writs are the only way.

With that, however, unlimited releveling needs to be undone and put some limitations on. Put “trainers” at the various settlement arenas that relevel at an exponential cost.

Details and numbers to be determined at a later time. Soon™

I love the sound of this! Gotta ask, though, would that exponential cost decrease as time passed between re-levels?

Sincerely, someone who misclicks a lot while they're putting in skill points

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: What is your sentiment towards the rate of which levels and experience are gained?

Post by Kenji » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:34 am

Bazelgeuse wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:03 am

I love the sound of this! Gotta ask, though, would that exponential cost decrease as time passed between re-levels?

Sincerely, someone who misclicks a lot while they're putting in skill points

Mistakes do happen, and there is no sense in punishing them. Chances are, when one pays for the cost of releveling, there's a window of time that has passed which the command -relevel (or the NPC you speak to) allows releveling with no cost until you get it right.

Of course, we should consider the possibility that one could perhaps exploit this by putting a dweomer basin right next to said NPC. The player would then relevel into Craft Master 30, Scribe Scroll, Brew Potion, or Craft Wand, making all the desired gear and consumables, then releveling back to the intended build. There will be measures to prevent that from happening.

There may be other scenarios we have not thought of yet that could be considered exploiting, but we'll deal with them as they come.

Bazelgeuse

Post by Bazelgeuse » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:48 am

I was thinking back to WoW (Wrath-era, specifically) where you could get a respec but it would cost more and more each time until you maxed out the cost, and then it'd gradually drop back down after a while of not respeccing.

... being a paladin who kept gear sets for all 3 specs meant I was always paying max price for respecs :(

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:05 am

Bazelgeuse wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:48 am

I was thinking back to WoW (Wrath-era, specifically) where you could get a respec but it would cost more and more each time until you maxed out the cost, and then it'd gradually drop back down after a while of not respeccing.

... being a paladin who kept gear sets for all 3 specs meant I was always paying max price for respecs :(

I misread your inquiry earlier about whether or not the cost falls off with time: maybe, not to the point where it is free, but there'll likely be a reduced cost over time.

Bazelgeuse

Post by Bazelgeuse » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:05 pm

Good to know! Thanks for clarifying :D