Underdark themed Animal Companions

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Rigela

Underdark themed Animal Companions

Post by Rigela » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Many of the current animal companions often feel like they clash with the general wildlife of the Underdark and stick out like a sore thumb as creatures not of the underdark For outcasts and such, this certainly can work if it is a bonded animal they had before they came down but for others it is an oddity unless you take the rat or spider companion and makes for awkward reasoning at best.

The totem option does provide a little extra choice, but that comes with other roleplay implications that might not be desired and so shouldn't be a requirement to have more than a tiny choice.

This could be an automatic change or perhaps some hidden NPC in the Zurkhwood grove etc for those who want to keep the look of the standard creatures. The standard summons already get a change, so would be in keeping with that I believe and would stop the slight oddities many might end up with.

Not sure how easy it would be to change the standard description to something more fitting, but could be nice to have a rothe, bat, lizard or something instead of animals might not ever see otherwise.

Some possible suggestions, but whatever is felt best works just as well I imagine as are limited with fitting models.

Hawk - Bat
Dire Wolf - Worg
Bear - Grey Render
Boar - Rothe
Panther - Basilisk model as some other underdarky creature?
Wolf - Bulette
Badger - Gargoyle
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Underdark themed Animal Companions

Post by Irongron » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am

I'd really love this, if a developer can do it.

Approved.