Spriggan Growth

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

WJLIII3

Spriggan Growth

Post by WJLIII3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:26 am

Just a minor suggestion that we might bring Spriggan more in line with their PnP nature, giving them their classic growth ability, which I'm reproducing here from the Fiend Folio, via https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/bl ... arged_Form
Size Change (Su): An will, spriggans can change their size in a fashion similar to the effect of an enlarge spell. The size change from Small to Large gains +8 Strength, -4 Dexterity, +6 Constitution and -2 to attack bonus and Armor class. A spriggan's short sword has the same attributes as a Large short sword when enlarged. An enlarged spriggan is unable to make a sneak attack or use its spell-like abilities.
As terrifying and horrible as Spriggans are, and as enjoyable as that makes battling them, to me what was always scariest was this power, that the funny little crazy gnomes can grow into giants whenever they want. I'd love to see it brought back with HAKs.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Spriggan Growth

Post by Irongron » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:15 am

Gosh, I really like this suggestion. It hadn't occurred to me we could possibly have enlarge as a spell ability now.

Approved! (If it proves possible)