-Notells Should Prevent the Sending of Tells

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Glowing Mushroom
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

-Notells Should Prevent the Sending of Tells

Post by Glowing Mushroom » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Currently, someone with -notells on is able to send tells, but they cannot receive them from others. This seems awfully lopsided to me, as the player is able to send in private whatever message they want, but that player they send it to is unable to reply. Obviously this implies a various number of potential issues that don't need an explanation.

This has happened to me on a number of occasions where I'll receive a private message from a player, but then I can't reply back. Fortunately it was perfectly fine in context, but it made me realize for the potential risk of grief.

I'd recommend -notells to disable the player who toggles it on from sending tells themselves, in addition to not receiving them.
Burin the Earthly.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: -Notells Should Prevent the Sending of Tells

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Surely in such situation you just put the griefing player immedatly on -notells yourself? I don't feel that this is neccesary.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:59 pm

Other people have informed me that this happens more than one would think, and it's really irritating. So I'm reversing my decision and moving it to approved!
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:01 pm

Completed
It is no longer possible to send tells to people who you have blocked with -notells.