Improved studded leather/hide armor options

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

AllPizzasArePersonal
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Improved studded leather/hide armor options

Post by AllPizzasArePersonal » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:05 pm

A strength based character that foregoes heavy armor options (e.g., Swashbuckler) doesn't really have armor options outside of Draconic Armor. The alternative options available either require UMD to use, or are Spellthiefs, Battlemedic, or Reaver Armor, none of which can really be used.

Draconic Armor can only be crafted by an underdark race (kobolds) which makes it irritating to acquire if you're not in the underdark. Swash in particular is already in an uncomfortable gearing position given its large stat needs, and so needing to find some contraband kobold armor on the black market just feels like an unnecessary requirement on the class.

My suggestion here is to add a new studded/hide leather option to compete with Draconic Armor as a viable alternative (I'm not opposed I guess to just making Draconic Armor craftable by surfacers in some fashion, but I figured it'd be better to not assume the solution :-) ).

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Improved studded leather/hide armor options

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:34 pm

Approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)