SD shadow QoL and RP improvement

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

linusboyle

SD shadow QoL and RP improvement

Post by linusboyle » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:23 am

I would like to suggest adding some QoL and RPwise improvement to the shadowdancer shadow.

1. Let the shadow copy the PC's Hide/MS

This has been suggested before (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24845&p=200574) and Irongon seemed to be in favor of it.

Here's why this might be important. A typical SD character has nearly 120 Hide and 90 MS, making it a decent stealther. But the shadow with only 30+ Hide/MS is too frequently spotted and only hinders the PC from doing some shady thing. If the shadow is made to copy the PC's scores, I could anticipate some good extra RP tricks like using Shadow Displacement with a stealthed shadow to simulate a blink effect. It also makes sense IC, since a shadow should be more sneaky than a person after all.

To balance it we could require the feat Epic Shadowlord for this to take effect.

2. Enable languages and emotes

Just so the shadow can do much more in RP, like an illusionist clone. A more fine-grained control is also welcomed. If possible I'd even suggest possessing the shadow like a familiar but that might be too far.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: SD shadow QoL and RP improvement

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:49 pm

Approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)