Usefeat option for Taunt

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

A1RMAN

Usefeat option for Taunt

Post by A1RMAN » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:01 pm

Hey,

It would be really good to have a -usefeat option for Taunt. Right now it requires a number of steps to be properly applied in a fight.

For those who aren't familiar with the mechanic, this is how it works. In a melee fight you have to:

1. Click the Taunt icon on your quick slot panel
2. Aim and click on your target
3. Cancel your Attack action in the queue. Or else your Taunt action will stay behind the Attack action forever
4. Wait for the animation to finish and the success/failure text to appear. If you'll try to queue your attack before it's finished it will cancel your Taunt attempt.
5. Click to Attack your target again

With a mechanic like Taunt you want it to work smoothly, since you will have to stand there flat-footed in front of your opponent. Having a good usefeat command will allow you to choose good moments to apply it and not worry about making all the in the right order and quickly. In my experience, you are often just wasting your valuable time in a fight when trying to apply it.

It's a bit wonky, so it will require some good testing.

The current idea is to make Taunt usefeat command do the following:

1. Cancel your Attack action in queue
2. Apply Taunt to your target
3. Re-Attack your target

Thank you.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Usefeat option for Taunt

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 pm

Approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)