Restricted weapon buffs on ranged weapons

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Saleph

Restricted weapon buffs on ranged weapons

Post by Saleph » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:49 pm

Hi all,
in line with the ranged QoL changes I have a small suggestion. Seeing as AA got a few buffs I had the idea that certain unrestricted weapon enchantment spells/feats could be opened up for use on ranged weapons.
Specifically: Blade thirst, bless weapon and the BG corrupt weapon. They could apply a temporary +AB and +Mighty as they would enchantment on a melee weapon (the additional effects might be doable to but I think that could overdo it).

The reasoning being, that those buffs are only relevant on builds with a deep class investment, +4 at 21 lvls for paladin/ranger 16 for BG. It would make non-AA ranged builds a bit better whilst giving AA nothing (since those class investments would result in far less boni than just lvling AA). Also, it would give give a reason to go deeper into divine builds instead of just taking 3 lvls for div. might.

In short, it wouldnt have any impact on pvp-meta but would make a few non-AA ranged builds a bit more viable and fun.
Cheers,
Saleph

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Restricted weapon buffs on ranged weapons

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:12 pm

Approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)