Add Tumble bonus to Spring Attack.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Add Tumble bonus to Spring Attack.

Post by dominantdrowess » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:42 am

Spring Attack is supposed to make it so that a character moving does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

However, it does not: See Saslae, Career Weapon's Master (Spring Attack is a requirement of Whirlwind Attack)

Given that "Soft" tumble does not increase a character's AC in any way and is used nowhere else in the module as a check, a soft-passive bonus of 15 (or even 14) tumble would provide as close to the feat's description as possible.

This weird bug affects multiple builds, including Barbarian Weapon's Masters, Two-handed Weapon's Masters, and STRangers Dual-Wielders (who each don't really have the AC to 'tank' hits). When this bug happens, it can often result in low-AC builds getting gibbed because they're usually running because they're often -already- low on hitpoints when they need to move - personal experience, from when I played my character with a 2-handed setup.

This bug is inconsistent and has existed throughout HoTU's life cycle both in EE and Pre-EE and also exists on the Beamdog NWN bug forums with a ticket and has had no action due to its inconsistency. I believe this change would reduce pressure for people to play 'meta' shield and 1-hander builds.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Add Tumble bonus to Spring Attack.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:52 pm

Approved.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)