Chainbreaker tag like Outcast for slaves

D4wN

Chainbreaker tag like Outcast for slaves

Post by D4wN » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:58 am

I'm very passionate about the subject of slavery on this server and the integrity. I have many suggestions on how to improve this system, but I will start with this one.

Add a tag to a slave's description similar to an Outcast tag or a Pirate tattoo for people who go through the Chainbreaker quest lines.

Reasoning:

To do the Chainbreaker quests you have to be working actively against slavery. Most of the tasks / what you're asked to do literally hinder and tear at the slave trade. Chainbreakers are and should be treated as criminals considering the importance Andunor places on slavery.

Currently many Chainbreakers decide to stay in Andunor and are even welcomed with open arms. To me this really diminishes the seriousness of what the Guild does against slavery and the NPCs and their stories involved.

There is another way to break free and this way should be fine for allowing former slaves to stay in Andunor. But with Chainbreakers it simply doesn't make sense.

Adding a tag to be able to identify Chainbreakers could furthermore lead to interesting and fun conflict RP in the same way it does when you see someone with an Outcast tag on the Surface. This should also have similar consequences to an outcast on the Surface. I.e. they cannot own property in the UD, they cannot run for settlement leadership, they cannot use settlement services and frankly should be treated with hostility by the local populace and cannot apply for an Outcast tag.

An added benefit to this as well is that it may prevent people becoming a slave, getting all the portals in the UD and rush through the Chainbreaker quests in under a week to gain these benefits.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Chainbreaker tag like Outcast for slaves

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:16 pm

Very loosly approved. I've a few ideas for this - may not happen any time soon - may end up backpeddling even. But over all... yes.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)