Post Office

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

legionetrangere

Post Office

Post by legionetrangere » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:33 am

Howdy!

Suggestion: flesh out the Speedy Message service, to some sort of an actual Post Office NPC

- Post-office NPC
> Takes letters that were addessed to you (the actual written message item)
> Sends letters to other toons
> So as not to clog the mechanic and avoid people using it as a storage thing, every message will be available for withdraw for 30 days max. Then it gets deleted.
> Doesn't require the recipient to be online
> Available in the major cities / hubs / etc

Reason: The speedy delivery doesn't feel, -at all-, like a believable thing. A random, faster than light, hin running around shouting messages to random people then vanishing to the 5th dimension is... kind weird. For me personally it feels just an easy way to bypass the -tell thing. Still feels very non IC or within the story/setting. I honestly wanna have the feeling of distance between my character and those that are in other cities. The speedy service, as it is, considerably shortens that distance by making communications instant.

Btw, I'm not advocating for the removal of Speedy's - I'm simply suggesting the addition of the Post-Office NPC.

We already have message boards and already letter messages. I humbly believe we're missing the opportunity to send actual letters to other toons. This will be pretty cool if gets implemented.

PS: I know there was a suggestion to this, but it is from 2016. Its 7 years past that (almost a decade lol). So felt I could take a shot at this thing.
PayadorPerseguido

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Post Office

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:27 pm

Will need a few adjustments - a way of interception would be required. And also may need some further conversation and approval by teh team - but in principle this is approved

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)