Make the astrolobe more prevalent.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Captain_Siix
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Make the astrolobe more prevalent.

Post by Captain_Siix » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:42 pm

Hello, my suggestion is that the astrolobe is one of the coolest things in the module and it is barely touched. It would be a fantastic way to add more writs to the game and have more variety than always doing shadowvar writs in epics.

In addition to this or separately it would be awesome to have a spell that teleports you to the astrolobe. Another idea would be to have a few NPCs that can teleport you there similar to the devils. I don't think this would impact the prices of attunement pots too much bc few people use the astrolobe from what I've seen.

Finally I would like for there to be a few NPCs or easy to access books that have some of the ways that you get to various locations and what to expect. There could be a magical version of the book that let's you cast the new teleport to astrolobe once.

Thank yall for the suggestion box, you guys are doing a great job of handling it.
Current PCs:
Vadion
Van

Past NPCs:
Horrik Hellbelch
Cassandra

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Make the astrolobe more prevalent.

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:00 pm

This is a little vauge, but I think I'm ok (I hope I'm ok?) in saying that personally I'd LOVE to see more stuff for the Astrolabe! The idea of expanded areas with writ possiblities sounds especially cool. I don't know about easy transport.... on the one hand I'm not against it but on the other Its also nice that it's kept a little unique.
this is really quite a vauge suggestion, but I like it so much over all I'm just slapping a general approve on it.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)