The essential Dis/SV things for goodies

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

D4wN

The essential Dis/SV things for goodies

Post by D4wN » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:50 am

Wisp Keepers

Many times have I played on my good aligned characters and have had no other choice but to go to Dis or the Shadovar to send wisps to people when I had IC reasons I could not send a speedie. And numerous times have I had IC comments: "Why are you dealing with a Fiend? (Wisp Keeper in SV is a Rakshasa.) Oh, you must be evil! Or in Dis: "You're trading with a Devil! You're selling your soul. You must be evil."

Fact is, there are no alternatives (to my knowledge) anywhere on the Surface and plenty of reasons someone could not send a hin.

Wisp bottles

Similar to Wisp Keepers, you can only get these there. Or in Sibayad. In Sibayad and SV however, they are more expensive than Dis for some reason. I would suggest for there to be a vendor of wisp bottles somewhere more accessible on the Surface (Like Mayfields perhaps) and equally priced to Dis.

Gifts!

Chocolates, candy, fancy mirrors, light gem stones, weird looking things you can give a unique description to for RP. These lovely things are currently only available in Dis. Weird and wonderful looking items you can create custom descriptions for and then use for RP and circulate through the world, but is currently not accessible to everyone. And if you are a goodie, well.. Hold onto your hats. You will once more be accused for being evil for trying to create some RP with a unique looking item.

All the above things are great! And would be lovely to have these things available for good aligned characters or characters who would otherwise not have any reason to visit a place like Dis or Shadovar. Being accused time and time IG of being evil because there are no alternatives gets stale real fast.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

DM Poppy

Re: The essential Dis/SV things for goodies

Post by DM Poppy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:46 pm

Wisps are a Chaotic Evil Abberation that feast on the traumatic emotions of people they lure into perilous situations. Personally, I'd consider it to be a resource you'd not regularly seek to use as a good aligned Character

I'm the nice one.. I promise :twisted:

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: The essential Dis/SV things for goodies

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:00 pm

If someone wants to introduce a version of the whisp bottle that isn't as morally shady (pun intended!) I'd be pro that!

The rest however I don't see much point in.

Though that being said? I don't think the DM team will ever be shifting alignment points for simply using said services. I mean - you probably shouldn't be doing so willy-nilly if you're a paladin or such... it's not great rp. But if I'm going to really mess with someones build/concept I'd like a better reason than 'went shopping in the wrong place/used a bad postal system.'

Other PCs however.. .feel free to judge away!

So - moving to approved for portalbe messanger option only.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)