The "Sanctuary" in Andunor

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

The "Sanctuary" in Andunor

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:52 am

Twice now, I have been engaged in PvP with Raiding Chainbreakers IN LARGE FORCES from the surface.

Twice now, while chasing them and successfully preventing lensing, two different characters have run to the "Sanctuary" spot in the <redacted> area of Andunor while actively being damaged in melee combat and below half health. (though I know all 3 entrances and have used both exits)

Both times, they do a one-click and vanish with absolutely no counterplay even though my character is both fully aware of where they are going and has BEEN INSIDE the room they are going to.

- It does not function as an open door when they go through it. (Such as if whatever lets them in was a key.)
- It does not involve a dialogue that I can interrupt. (It's a one-click instant teleport)
- It is not secret (though FOIG), or even roleplayed AS IF BEING SECRET by the people abusing it who are retreating there. (They FREELY demonstrate this safe-zone while being actively attacked)
- They don't die to keep the secret, they freely expose it's existence to protect THEMSELVES right in front of enemies attacking them.
- I cannot follow them with a search check. It is just a secure safehouse they can go to IN THE MIDDLE OF MELEE COMBAT.

I would like to request that the main "sanctuary" teleporters have a dialogue or climb system added to prevent in-combat abuse by raiders from outside factions. I can literally get involved in a fight with them inside the sanctuary where they flee.. follow them out-- and they can double-back in a way that ignores the transition script -- and even if it didn't ignore the transition script and they had to wait 12 seconds: They can still go right back inside (doubling back) the way that both I and they just came out -- and cannot be followed back in.

It also has no dialogue-based feedback for those failing to get in that can be respected as story-based roleplay for the ways it's actually being used in front of their eyes. It is, in effect, to protect the RP around this location that I would like some kind of disruptable trigger to prevent it from being used -in front of- enemies so that there is at least an RPable excuse to ignore it rather than an IC need to prioritize around it to get anything done.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The "Sanctuary" in Andunor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:09 pm

A small change is in the pipe that will prevent accessing these objects while in combat.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: The "Sanctuary" in Andunor

Post by The GrumpyCat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:45 pm

A few points
1) This... kinda looks a little bit more like a report than a suggestion. But I take your point with it.
2) I think this does need looking at, and I think honestly the entire area needs an overhall, complete with quest. I'm cautiously moving this to 'approved' even though it's really more an Irongron thing. But keep in mind these things take time and maybe further approval, so no idea when. That said - I think making the change Sorrow suggests is absolutly reasonable as a start.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)