Trade Skills - Option to Redo

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Cthuletta

Trade Skills - Option to Redo

Post by Cthuletta » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:40 pm

Hello!
So when it comes to the trade skills (art crafting, herbalism, carpentry, et. cetera), they are hard-set into your character from what I know.
However, while we have options to completely relevel our character classes, we don't have any option to completely re-do our trade skills. I can see the value in this, as we wouldn't want anyone to abuse the system by simply "-retrade"'ing into whatever they need at any given moment.

However, when doing one's trade skills, they may find they've put too many points in one trade, not enough in another, or perhaps dumped ALL their points into one trade and have a hindsight desire to take a secondary, or simply have found that the trade skill they first picked and thought they would enjoy, is not as fun as they hoped, and therefore they simply don't use it at all since there's no way to change it. Of course there's the option to -remake to retake Trade Skills, but that is an extremely steep price of losing all your levels, all your items/shop/quarter, and anything sentimental you've invested time or gold into, just to be able to fix a mistake or make the Trade system more enjoyable.

So my suggestion would be this; offer a one-time only option to redo one's Trade Skills. Only one time, per character, I think would give the option for someone to feel out if they liked a certain trade, or wanted to distribute their points more effectively. Ideally, this would be done using a '-' command as putting more strain on DMs to do such in game would be stressful or time consuming for the team.

Thanks for consideration in advance!

(Reposted from Feedback because I lack the ability to pay attention. Likely why my Trade Skills are a mess. ;) )

Juniper Oakley - Just A Wee Bit Batty

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil (Rolled)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Trade Skills - Option to Redo

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:16 pm

Approved in some shape or form, though definatly limited.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)