Selective Containers

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Good Character

Selective Containers

Post by Good Character » Mon May 01, 2023 12:35 am

Currently containers will take all the associated items into it when you use the Unique Power: Self Only method. It is convenient until the container completely fills up, and begins to reject items. This leaves you having to micromanage using the Unique Power method in a slow, tedious manner. This is really noticeable with the Mining Bags and Gem Pouches.

It would be great if you could set restrictions on each container, so containers would only take what you wanted in it similar to the Scroll Case. You would have two options:

1. Exactly like the Scroll Case, so you would manually select which items would not be permitted in, and

2. You could select broad categories:
a. Mining Bags
- "Rocks" would be Marble, Granite, Niharit
- "Ores" would be all the namesake
- "Wood" would be Softwood, Hardwood, Rare Hardwood
- "Raw Gems" would be all the namesake

b. Gem Pouches
- "Gem Dusts" would be all the namesake
- "Cut Gems" would be all gems

c. Hunting Bag
- "Animal Byproduct" would be all pelts, hides, and meats
- "Bloods" would be all the namesake
- "Trophies" would be all the unique byproducts (i.e. ogre tooth, fairy dust, fire beetle's belly, etc.)
- "Venom Sacs" would be all the namesake

d. Herbalism Bag
- "Fruits and Leaves" would be the literal Fruit item, sweetberries, beries, iceberry, yarrow leaves, nuts, etc.
- "Roots and Fungi" would be all the namesake along with Bloodroot Stalk, Ripplebark Fungus, Malyss Root, Striped Toadstool Flesh, etc.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Selective Containers

Post by Sincra » Fri May 05, 2023 7:38 pm

I intend to do this once I've redone the container system, but as is I have a few other projects.

It's on my list!

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.