BUGBEARS!!!

Waldo52

BUGBEARS!!!

Post by Waldo52 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:26 pm

It has been suggested that I share this with the suggestions board.

I believe bugbears should be a playable race. Why?!

1) The addition of Bugbears would galvanize the languishing goblinoid community.

When you go underground you see a lot of drow, a lot of outcast humans and a lot of orc vatiants. You see fairly few goblinoids. One could argue that much of the appeal of goblinoids lies in their multi-racial social structure. The way hobgoblins, goblins and bugbears interact makes for good politics and storytelling. Having access to the full gammut of goblinoid options would breathe new life into goblinoid RP and almost certainly increase the number of goblinoid PCs.

Goblinoids have it hard. They're fully uncustomizable outside of choosing your appearance at character creation, customizing your weapon(s) and customizing your shieild (I think goblins can do this and hobgoblins can't). Goblinoids are not the strongest nor the smartest underground race. They're not even the best for making stealthy characters, which is supposed to be their niche. They're far from being the most charismatic or beautiful. What they really need to set them apart is more selectable races. If goblonoids have a niche and an angle that makes them compelling, it's the three races in one dynamic. In the lore they function like an ant colony and thus offer a unique role playing opportunity that isn't being utilized right now.

2) Bugbears are true to the setting and we have the models

Enough said!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: BUGBEARS!!!

Post by Irongron » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:51 am

Approved for (hopefully) the next reward race rotation.

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: BUGBEARS!!!

Post by Heroic Spirit » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 pm

Completed on 04/06/2024