Increase Bluff/Perform check needed to bypass Exile script

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

D4wN

Increase Bluff/Perform check needed to bypass Exile script

Post by D4wN » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:26 am

Exiling someone costs a settlement quite a lot of resources. Therefor it is not super attractive to exile people when most people would bypass it with minimal / no skill investment and some perform/bluff gear when you can have the same effect by making someone a Pariah and just removing them when you see them.

Typically only people who are considered extremely dangerous or tend to deliberately continue to antagonize a settlement repeatedly are likely to be Exiled while 98% of criminals will simply be made unwelcome without adding them to the mechanical list or by making them a Pariah.

There should be severe consequences for doing extreme crimes. I would therefor like to suggest increasing the requirements to bypass an Exile script to a Settlement/District. I don't mind if people actually heavily invest in Bluff/Perform and then manage to trick the NPC guards around the Settlement, but I don't think anyone who buys some bluff gear from [FOIG] should just be able to walk right past supposedly Elite Guards etc.

I would suggest that the script is upgraded to require at least 80 bluff/perform. Possibly more. I think this will encourage for exiles to be used more and for villains to be able to earn their exile (which seems to be like a badge of honour to most) and a way for Settlements/Districts to really keep as many unwanted people out.

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Increase Bluff/Perform check needed to bypass Exile script

Post by Irongron » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:58 am

Approved, with certain caveats.

(While I am hoping to have an overhaul of the disguise system itself, the following is presuming the current system)

1. A system whereby settlement leaders can set a 'security level', this will reduce tax revenue but increase the required disguise/bluff to bypass exile.

2. The system is not a flat requirement, but scales according to the level of the criminal, thus a low/mid level PC will still have decent chance of infiltrating if at maximum ranks/gear.

It bothers me greatly that disguise is very much a 'starts at level 30' feature. Heavy investment in spot/listen should allow a PC to potentially thwart a same-level foe, but not automatically detect anyone below it. I believe there should be some kind of maximum chance, irrespective of level difference