[FL] Whirlwind

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Elven Seraphim

[FL] Whirlwind

Post by Elven Seraphim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Alright, so, after some careful consideration, I saved up a lot of epic monies for several feats leading to Whirlwind. I had whirlwind on the main server a few years ago, and now I see a new message saying "You can now whirl again", but I am no longer able to engage in any combat until I relog, similar to permanent parry mode. This happens on first try, every try. It sounds like (from other threads) that whirlwind is somewhat less disastrous in the main server.

If it cannot be fixed, is a refund a possibility?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: [FL] Whirlwind

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:42 pm

Sounds like the NWN bug where if you use whirlwind on exactly 3 opponents you get bugged.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Elven Seraphim

Post by Elven Seraphim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Yes, it appears like that, but it happens.... everytime. Have not tested in combat yet.

Elven Seraphim

Post by Elven Seraphim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:17 am

Also, was the Dexterity requirement changed on improved whirlwind, and, if so, was it changed back again when the new whirlwind system went in, and, might improved whirlwind fix this particular bug for now?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:27 am

Er, I don't think so? To all the above?
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by zeylin17 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:30 am

elven, you should be able to do another whirlwind if you get stuck in it. due to it being a free action. If you get stuck again wait until the 10 second timer and then try ww again. that usually broke the 3 man glitch thing for me.

Elven Seraphim

Post by Elven Seraphim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:27 am

I can't do any combat actions until relog. Trying to eat rations, whirlwind, bashing, combat moves, nothing works, frozen in a parry like permanent combat dance animation. I've tried -makesafe, -dispel , resting, fountain, still unable to do any actions outside of talk/barter/open inventory of containers.