"Idle Sit" bug

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Kalimere

"Idle Sit" bug

Post by Kalimere » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 am

The animation of sitting when you are inactive, not talking for two rpr ticks is triggering even when walking around and fighting, looks like. Happened to myself as well as EmotionalOverload.
"I'm not grim."
~Andrej Cooper

".....Mostly."
~Also Andrej Cooper

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: "Idle Sit" bug

Post by Mithreas » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 am

Yep, I'm aware - you have to emote right now.

It's on my list to investigate, but for now, just RP more :-)
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:50 am

Were it my decision, I'd just remove the sit animation and leave things how they are. If you want to spend hours on end grinding without emoting, then okay, but no RPR. It's an automatic reminder to give that occasional nod to RP.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Emotionaloverload » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:05 am

Haha! Finally. I thought I was the only that got this like that headless dwarf-shifting bug ages ago.

A reminder to those that like to listen and add quips here and there during travel in a group - add the occasional emote here and there so you don't sit.
-S

Played; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi, H'larr Twins, and others.