[FL] Lycanthropy

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Elven Seraphim

[FL] Lycanthropy

Post by Elven Seraphim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Alright, for the first time ever, (and now that control is retained) I have contracted lycanthropy. With one of my monks. He should be immune to disease, was that not the case, all along, and I've just been really really lucky?

Montaugh

Re: [FL] Lycanthropy

Post by Montaugh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 pm

I believe I have the answer for this..

Because its a scripted disease, characters that are immune to disease are not immune to lycanthropy. Its like how a Druid can get drunk despite having immunity to poisons as alcohol is a poison and because of such they should be immune to getting drunk.

In short..I believe it's working as intended.

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Twily » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Also, on arelith Lycanthropy is a bit of an odd subject. I don't believe it's ever been defined by a dev exactly what it is in arelith, given it's odd traits(such as being able to catch it as an archer a mile away from the werewolf).

I've seen everything from magical curse, magical disease, airborne disease, etc. In that sense, Disease immunity or even Perfect Health might do nothing against it.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:47 pm

NWNWiki wrote:Purity of Body: The monk is immune to all non-magical diseases.
Lycanthropy is a magical disease/curse.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Elven Seraphim

Post by Elven Seraphim » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:49 am

I just think its extremely strange that I haven't gotten lycanthropy with any of my paladins/monks for 4 years, after constant confident battles with werewolves, and now I fight them once, not only do I become a werewolf (new) but I can now control it (new) and, it also lasted for... like 20 IG hours (bug?) until I got tired of being grossly overburdened and relogged.

zeylin17
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by zeylin17 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 pm

the controlling it part is a new thing that was added, so it's not a completely useless RP tool.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Elven Seraphim wrote:...it also lasted for... like 20 IG hours (bug?) until I got tired of being grossly overburdened and relogged.
Lycanthropy is a work in progress, at the moment. It's been set to last as long as the player chooses, but even that has some bugs. Use -polymorph to cancel the transformation, any time after hour 1.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Divine Health protects against it. I can't remember whether any other disease immunities do.

I see it as appropriate for Druids to be able to become werewolves, because Malar.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mindcraft

Post by Mindcraft » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 am

Mithreas wrote:Divine Health protects against it. I can't remember whether any other disease immunities do.

I see it as appropriate for Druids to be able to become werewolves, because Malar.
I also play a monk who is infected. Therefore, I dare assume that disease immunities don't cover lycanthropy.
A bird sings not because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:17 am

Mindcraft wrote:I also play a monk who is infected. Therefore, I dare assume that disease immunities don't cover lycanthropy.
The Rambling Midget wrote:
NWNWiki wrote:Purity of Body: The monk is immune to all non-magical diseases.
Lycanthropy is a magical disease/curse.

Elven Seraphim

Post by Elven Seraphim » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:04 am

I thought it might be more than coincidence, but, I guess I've just been really lucky. Thanks guys.