Citizen Storage Vault in UD items available to others

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Mizyran

Citizen Storage Vault in UD items available to others

Post by Mizyran » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi,

I was testing the storage vault in Sharps district, I am a citizen and I was putting items into chest. I do not know if I can see items from my other character but:

-My 3 friends who are NOT citizens of sharps, basically they are non citizen in anything in UD, could see the items and take them.
-I created a second character, ran into the sharps and could see the storage.

Our last test looked like this:
I have removed every item from the Citizen storage access while being a citizen, and then put them again there. Friend gets information that "this storage chest does not belong to your nation" and can simply take out items I put in 0.o

DM Rex

Re: Citizen Storage Vault in UD items available to others

Post by DM Rex » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm

So how this happens is we have more than one access point for citizen storage. If more than one person is opening them up the system will have trouble distinguishing which character is accessing them. What it does instead is open it up to all accessing characters to the person actively using it.

To avoid this, only access the citizen storage while alone. Or have characters wait their turn. (This is why we haven't deployed things like instanced housing due to issues like these.)

Mizyran

Post by Mizyran » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Technically we didn't use it at the same time if that's what you mean

Drowboy

Post by Drowboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:38 pm

-I created a second character, ran into the sharps and could see the storage.
That seems bad
Archnon wrote: I like the idea of slaves and slavery.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:23 pm

It might be a good idea to reduce available vaults to just one to prevent mistakes or, hopefully not, "mistakes" from happening. I didn't know this was a thing.

Most of the settlements I've seen have three or four available chests which seems ripe for errors, but then again I haven't heard of this until now either.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:46 pm

The citizen storage in the banks have a set limit - if you exceed the set limit then those items will pool over into other people’s vault / non-citizens would see them.

So, make sure you are only stocking to what you are allowed to store to avoid losing items (which become fair game).

Though the above about multiple instances should not be a concern. I’m not sure where that information was pulled from as Mord would not have implemented it if it was the case. So that can be disregarded until otherwise specified to be an issue.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:23 am

With no further reports, I'll move this to closed.

If there are new ones, please open a new topic.

Thanks.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.