Pre-Sandswept ruins desert area unreachable

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Rico_scorpion

Pre-Sandswept ruins desert area unreachable

Post by Rico_scorpion » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am

Hi,

[Disclaimer: there is a very slim mathematical chance that everything is okay, i just broke the world record]

Finding them in the random desert maze, from extensive experience (i know all areas like the back of my hand + don't linger + has done the sandswept ruins writ many many times) should take from 1 minute to 30. 45 if quite unlucky. 1 hour if super mega unlucky or something dragged you down.

My current character: can sneak when too many fights, deals with every fights easily, and me as a player, i'm so fed up that i'm just running from area to area. I'm saying that to say that i'm not playing "normally", at that point i was just trying to have super high map turnover to find the ruins. We're talking an average of 2 map transitions per minute.

So, 75 fire berries later (!!) I've been trying to find them for 3*1hour at that pace (or almost, the first 45 minutes i was playing normally). I say 3*1 hour because because i gave up 3 times (it's really not like me). So we're talking 3 hours of intense area transitioning in gameplay areas that are mostly empty (can't respawn). There's bound to have an issue? Right? Please say yes xD

I asked another fellow in the desert, he said he hasn't seen those ruins in a while. But I did the writ like 3 days ago... I don't see why you would have touched something within the two last days but... I would advise giving it a glance. As for me, I gave up on the writ :(.

Cheers (and sorry for the rant... it's been taxing on my sanity)

Itikar

Re: Pre-Sandswept ruins desert area unreachable

Post by Itikar » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:56 pm

I just completed that writ yesterday and I found the ruins in like, 10 minutes? It took way longer to came back to civilization.

I wonder if there is something weird at play or if I was just very very lucky.

Archon

Re: Pre-Sandswept ruins desert area unreachable

Post by Archon » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:11 pm

Sounds like a bad luck. My record is getting two levels at the desert straight and never finding the ruin at all during that (hours long) session. While at the same time, I know a party before me found it in few transitions. It's is just extremely random, and can be extremely frustrating to get to.