Castle Gloom Unable to Be Administered / Faction Leader Bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Hrothgar Bloodaxe

Castle Gloom Unable to Be Administered / Faction Leader Bug

Post by Hrothgar Bloodaxe » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:09 pm

Description
==========

Castle Gloom has not "changed hands," in spite of the recent auction. Specifically, the previous "castle ruler" (Name = Sadie Hasper) from the last auction (the one approximately 6 months ago), is still listed, thereby making it impossible to administer the castle. In theory, the settlement leader (Falgrim Vintergard / Brogendenstein) should be able to remove her as the "castle ruler," but it would appear there is some sort of bug preventing him from removing/modifying members of the faction that is associated with Castle Gloom, thereby making it impossible to change the "castle ruler," and subsequently, making it impossible to administer the castle properly. The specific faction name that we need to be able to modify is: "Lowland Swamps (Castle Gloom)."

This has been an issue for some time now, and we've been trying to remove Sadie for several months. We had hoped that when the most recent auction was completed, there would be a "reset" of the faction, but this has not been the case. We have made many attempts to contact the player of this character, but they have not responded, and no longer play NWN as far as anyone can tell.

Hopefully, the resolution to this should be fairly straightforward. I have been told that a support request was put in some months ago, but the issue appears to be unresolved. If Falgrim Vintergard can be given the appropriate "membership - add/remove/modify" permissions for the Lowland Swamps (Castle Gloom) faction, he should be able to remove Sadie, and grant control of the castle to an active player.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Attempt to remove Sadie Hasper from the "Lowland Swamps (Castle Gloom)" faction / as ruler for Castle Gloom, and replace her with someone else via the Faction dialogue/menu.

Expected result
-----------------------
Open the faction menu, view members, and remove Sadie Hasper, and appoint a new player as "ruler"

Actual result
-------------------
Unable to access the "Lowland Swamps (Castle Gloom) faction / modify membership; unable to speak with the Castellan to change the castle "ruler"

Screenshot(s)
--------------------
Link to image on Discord: https://discord.com/channels/6518790256 ... 6352838676

Notes
---------

Thank you!
Of course, optional horse death RP is a possibility.

redhawx

Re: Castle Gloom Unable to Be Administered / Faction Leader Bug

Post by redhawx » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:17 pm

Can confirm as a settlement leader i cannot remove the old faction leader of the Castle.
So i can not by mechanics appoint someone new to lead it.
Atleast two auctions has passed over the course of time aswell.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:23 am

Can the settlement leader send me the screenshot of what they can see?

Thank you.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

redhawx

Post by redhawx » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Spyre wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:23 am
Can the settlement leader send me the screenshot of what they can see?

Thank you.

I managed to change manager of the castle. This was not something that was avalible last time i attempted. The choice in the menu to do so was simply not avalible. I toyed around with all options back then.
(prior to this cycle of auctions on the castle). So it seem fixed.
Sorry to bother.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:43 am

Moving to closed.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.