Mayfield's Tavern Rent

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Mayfield's Tavern Rent

Post by Bunnysmack » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:37 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
The Mayfield's Tavern, like the other player owned Taverns, was designed to collect rent from the shops and quarters in it's premises. I noticed early on that no rent was actually being received, however, and has never been collected ever since the building was upgraded for PC ownership. The other day I learned exactly why this is happening: The rent that the primary quarter should be receiving from all the other quarters is erroneously flagged to go instead to one of the tiny quarters on the second floor. It took a friendly PC moving into the error quarter to eventually notify me of the discrepancy in game.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Watch the bank account transfers for the PCs owning the main tavern quarter [Quarter A] and that of the PC owning the small quarter at the southwestern most section of the second floor hallway [Quarter B], at the first of each in game month.

Expected Result:
Quarter A's account will receive rent from the other shops and quarters in the building, Quarter B's account will not.

Actual Result:
Quarter A's account loses money in their own rent costs, Quarter B gains money from all quarters in the building.

Screenshot(s)
Screenshot of bank transfers received at the first of the month to Quarter B's account (names redacted to prevent PC quarter location meta on the forums):

The following map screenshot highlights Quarter A with a blue box, and Quarter B with a red box:

Additional Information/Notes
Due to the fact that bank transfer logs only show for the receiving party, and only at the first of the month, this was a really difficult issue to track.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Mayfield's Tavern Rent

Post by Irongron » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:12 pm

Fixed.