Infinite Summons

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Drogo Gyslain

Infinite Summons

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:01 am

Description
==========
Having summons out and going through a server transition creates potentially infinite summons.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Have summons out (more than 1), and step across a ley-line between servers. (Tested on the Cordor Frontier and Elven Quarter junctions with Surface, worked both times.

Expected result
-----------------------
1 summon in, 1 summon out.

Actual result
-------------------
LOTS OF SUMMONS.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Notes
---------

Drogo Gyslain

Re: Infinite Summons

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:07 am

Also, This glitch was apparent with the use of other things other than druidic summons. Mordekeins, animal companions were also affected.

Fava Beans

Post by Fava Beans » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:34 pm

(happened to me also)

the duplicates are not functioning as summons, but rather henchmen, they cannot be dismissed nor directly controlled with the player tool, they seem to be acting as henchment of the original henchmen, as they seem to follow the main summon around ( though for me i was unable to unsummon either the duplicate or the proper summon

Drogo Gyslain

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm

Fava Beans wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:34 pm
(happened to me also)

the duplicates are not functioning as summons, but rather henchmen, they cannot be dismissed nor directly controlled with the player tool, they seem to be acting as henchment of the original henchmen, as they seem to follow the main summon around ( though for me i was unable to unsummon either the duplicate or the proper summon
Only half right. Some turn into legit summons and can be dismissed with -dispel.

The rest can be dismissed by resting.

We also found in Guldorand that they are still susceptible to Banishment but not Word of Faith.

Fava Beans

Post by Fava Beans » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 pm

resting works ^^ , i just meant there was no option to dismiss them through the radial menu specifically, and wof dosent work on mordys :P nor banishment

EDIT: also! my mordy's never replicated more than one duplicate, dont know if that helps the debugging at all

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:04 pm

This was fixed.

Done.