Epic Sacrifice Minor Reward lvl 16 bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Pife

Epic Sacrifice Minor Reward lvl 16 bug

Post by Pife » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:12 am

Hi again! Thank you all for your continued wonderful work in making Arelith so amazing. You're all saints. I just want you all to know I appreciate the good work you do and time you invest, it really shows! You're all a part of what makes Arelith a living breathing platform for the expression of nuanced and original storylines! None of my love for you all should be taken into account while reading this post. I would hate for my love to in any way influence you, or my devotion or my respect. Keep in mind that all the reverence I have for you all is besides the point, and you shouldn't in any way let the mutual respect or the bond we have as DM - Player lead you in any way towards nepotism concerning me, in this situation. You're all great!

I seem to have encountered a strange bug. Recently I stopped playing my main character for a while and went back to a wizard I rolled and levelled to 14 with the xp and gold reward given to players during the Guldorand update. This was of course a grave error. What I should have done was roll a Gnoll. I assume we've all been here and you'll understand exactly how I feel. I know Gnoll-regret shouldn't be brought up lightly, I apologise if I've caused anyone any unpleasant flashbacks of a similar, personal, Gnoll-based tragedy.

Then a little bird told me about the EPIC SACRAFICE mechanic. All I'd have to do is level him to 16 and delete him on the spot, allowing me to finally become the Gnoll I knew myself to be inside. Over the course of several deaths from having only 50hp, I started to hate love my wizard with a burning passion. Summoning an elemental and standing around while it punched orcs sent me into a state which, in retrospect, can only be described as catatonic was really good.

Anyway, I was jubilant sad to finally reach level 16, delete him, and receive my Gnoll-diploma. Ph.D Doctorate with Honours.

Here is where the bug occurred. The Wiki says there's a 75% chance of receiving a minor reward, and a 25% chance of a normal, which would have thrown the doors wide in welcome to wild world of Gnoll RP, well known to be the patrician choice when looking for engaging, unforgettable and memorable RP.

So, 25% meaning I had exactly one chance in four to get a normal reward, so I was absolutely without doubt I'd soon be snarling with the best of them.

---

Instead I was handed a minor reward, which does not allow the donning of the Gnolling, which is clearly unacceptable. In all ways except physical I am a Gnoll. If I'm not allowed to play Gnoll, I hereby promise to rollplay a human who was raised by Gnolls, and believes himself to be in every way a Gnoll himself.

Nobody wants that.

Don't make me do this.

P.S.

I'll call him Gnollman, which if you say fast enough, sounds like Norman.

Good Character

Re: Epic Sacrifice Minor Reward lvl 16 bug

Post by Good Character » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:22 am

Where's the bug? The sarcasm is not beyond me. I have fond memories of your ore poem. I just feel horribly bad for Batra.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Epic Sacrifice Minor Reward lvl 16 bug

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:55 am

Done.