Red Tower door

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

BattleDrake

Red Tower door

Post by BattleDrake » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:09 pm

The door up the stairs to the first level of the guild quarters appears to not be closeable from the inside.

When going through the door, there is no option on the other side of the transition to shut the door. Going back through the transition, there is no door animation of opening(which is usually pretty slow), making me think it's remaining open.

BattleDrake

Re: Red Tower door

Post by BattleDrake » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:28 pm

I just did a test by logging out of my character that can go through the door, and logging in with another character just outside, and the door does in fact stay open, with no way to close it from the inside.

Zan

Post by Zan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 am

Bump
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

Whiskey

Post by Whiskey » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:44 am

Indeed another test was done between two players. One goes thru door to the second floor while the other remained below at the furthest distance to which they could still see the door and it remained open for at least ten seconds before finally closing.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:01 am

Bumping to remember to take a look at this tomorrow evening.

Done.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:43 am

This door does eventually close, and while it is possible to make it happen sooner with scripts or other wizardry this is not a severe bug, given there are more quarter doors to pass immediately on the other side.

Zan

Post by Zan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:33 am

Irongron wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:43 am
This door does eventually close, and while it is possible to make it happen sooner with scripts or other wizardry this is not a severe bug, given there are more quarter doors to pass immediately on the other side.
It's not so much we are worried about auto-closing from the "ground floor". It's that the Guild shared crafting storage chest of 40 slots is in the open, directly in the area accessible by that door, with no corresponding door on the other side of the stairs transition to Right-click Close.

Hoping we can just get a door added to the inside section, the "second floor" at the transition with the the stairs which can be closed, similar to the top floor of the tower, and other properties. That might just be a lay-persons view of a simple solution though, and dont know if there are precluding factors to having a door added. Doesn't need anything more fancy that that
Current Char: Khael'dar

"Understanding is a Three-Edged Sword"

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:47 am

Added better auto-close behavior for the outer door. Actually installing a full door in that spot would take a little Finagling and I'll probably get to that later on when I can really fuss to get it looking right (what a weird-shaped area transition...) but in the meantime you should find it's better better secured come next reset.

Done.