Crafting Item Loss - Andunor Hub

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

draggedthrough

Crafting Item Loss - Andunor Hub

Post by draggedthrough » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
Last night around 11.30pm UK time, I lost a Dungeon Delver's Cloak project, it seems, at the moment it hit 50% completion. I had just finished a set of Fine Elven Boots, then I believed -saved, then used job book to allocate a further two trade skill points to Tailoring having recently levelled, then placed the project in the Hub tailoring bench, selected the 'use required sp' option, and poof. I entered and exited the table a few times, checked my inventory pages, re-zoned, and re-logged to no avail. I hit the DM channel with a notification, and later a reiteration but had to get to bed. Classic case of 'I'll just do this one simple thing before I log: cue disaster'. I took a couple of screenshots, to follow. Another player stated in the discord tech help channel that they also lost a project at about 50% completion last night, though I understand this was in a different crafting venue.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
At Andunor Hub Tailoring Table:
Complete a project
-save?
Allocate 2 skill points
Have a project less than 50%, but with 50% reachable with remaining sp
Use required sp
????
Profit

Expected Result:
I expected to make some meagre progress on the haughty project I had my character scraping through, to -save again once a minute had passed from prior, to log and to sleep soundly.

Actual Result:
Cried IRL
Project seemed to pip 50% and vanish. If not fifty per, then close-to.

Screenshot(s)

https://i.imgur.com/bG2VO93.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nTXxunv.jpg

Additional Information/Notes
I'm told it may be unlikely that I'll have this restored to me, but I gotta try and I gotta hope. Started this project at an ambitiously low level, first real time engaging with crafting in a game, playing a minutely disgraced drow who finally felt himself reinstated in his identity enough to set about creating his own piwafwi, plenty of RP and component help from chars he's been involved with up to that point. It'd be cool to have it not be gone, as a crafting and RP project it sits super sour to have to handwave it with a classic 'A wizard did it'.

Thanks for your time!

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Crafting Item Loss - Andunor Hub

Post by Aren » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 pm

Are you sure no one was near you in stealth? I've had people try to snatch enchantment projects from the basin from me before.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

draggedthrough

Post by draggedthrough » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:26 pm

Yikes. I suppose I couldn't be sure? My Spot is decent but it depends on the adversary. I didn't see anybody around until afterwards. I wonder if it's logged and if that could be ascertained. That's.. not fun.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:44 pm

No DestroyItem function is called when repairing, I am afraid this wasn't the result of a bug. Closing.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"