Bank account's amount visually stays the same immediately after transfer

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

ltlukoziuz

Bank account's amount visually stays the same immediately after transfer

Post by ltlukoziuz » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:04 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
When you do a transfer to another person, after sending the money through, banker tells you the old amount you had once you get options to select new banking menu, causing confusion over whether it suceeded. It really threw me off the loop, as when I was doing so, I tried to transfer too large of an amount (had enough on hand, but didnt deposit it in), and after doing transfer, I thought transfer didnt pass as I didnt deposit money. However, after doing a deposit, true situation got revealed and I at first panicked that I got bugged and money got lost, before realizing on closer reread that number was just misreported at first.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1) Note down how much cash you have (let's say 5000)
2) Go transfer, select person, send them some amount (let's say 2000)
3) Check how much money the banker says after transfer

Expected Result:
Banker tells you you have 3000

Actual Result:
Banker tells you you have 5000 even though if you try to interact with it, you only have the 3000 left. Only after you either leave and reenter, or do another operation does it show you the correct amount

Screenshot(s)
The occurences I had are sensitive info, considering private elements in it, so poke me personally if you need it.

Additional Information/Notes
While only visual issue, it do can cause unnecessary panic

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

Artenides

Re: Bank account's amount visually stays the same immediately after transfer

Post by Artenides » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:08 pm

Yes, I am familiar this. It happens because the money display updating happens in a different phase of the dialogue system. Can have a look at this.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Artenides

Re: Bank account's amount visually stays the same immediately after transfer

Post by Artenides » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:50 pm

I looked into the script, unfortunately this is a side effect of how the whole dialogue was designed. The creator of the script was aware, I am afraid there isn't much I can do about it. Closing.
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"