Jonathan Bonathan Jovial

Dual Wield Mastery - January 14 Patch

Post by Jonathan Bonathan Jovial » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:31 am

Description
==========
- Ranger
+ Dual-Wield Mastery
Can now be taken at Ranger level 9 instead of 15

As opposed to the indicated patch note that the Ranger-specific Dual Wield Mastery feat can be obtained at level 9, the feat is no longer available AT ALL even at level 15 with the previous pre-reqs obtained.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------

Hit level 9 ranger and be able to take a feat, or any subsequent level

Expected result
-----------------------

Be able to take Dual Wield Mastery

Actual result
-------------------

The feat no longer exists.

Misc Notes
----------------

It's just straight up gone. It required level 15 ranger and 17 strength, now it's "just level 9" but even with the required strength I cannot pick it at level 15 or beyond. This change is not noted as "planned to be implemented" but even if it was the feat would be able to be picked.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Dual Wield Mastery - January 14 Patch

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:57 am

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35468

I wonder if it might be related to my report a few months ago. I had this feat available on a DEX Ranger, and I'm wondering maybe the prereqs was accidentally changed from STR to DEX.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Jonathan Bonathan Jovial

Post by Jonathan Bonathan Jovial » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:29 am

Perhaps! I'm a strength ranger with a measly ten dex so I wouldn't be able to see myself.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:29 am

Just popped into PGCC.

My bug report is still alive and well over there. DEX Ranger has access to dual wield mastery. Maybe that is the issue here.

Notably I was unable to take it at level 9, but I was at level 15. Notable further is that the description still says it gives a +2 AB whereas I believe it was supposed to be changed to +1.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:49 am

A fix is in the pipeline

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:08 am

Kenji wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:49 am
A fix is in the pipeline
Thank you Kenji it seems to be selectable at level 9 now (though I tried only on DEXRanger).

However the prereqs and benefits are still incorrectly described in the feat. It still says it's a +2 bonus and requires STR, but it does correctly grant only +1 AB.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:34 pm

A description update is in the pipeline. In the meanwhile feel free to test if the AB works with builds like Cavalier or Divine Champion to see if the AB stacks with both the passive and the active feat abilities.