Divine Smite Log Error, No Damage.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Jeefer

Divine Smite Log Error, No Damage.

Post by Jeefer » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:14 am

Description of Bug Experienced:

I swap to a busy Surface server, and fight some PvE enemies, using Divine Smite periodically. Smite works normally, gaining charges and doing damage. I encounter wyverns, cast Bless Weapon. Attempt Divine Smite on said wyverns, Error message ensues, attempt it a couple more times (either on the last Wyvern or other enemies) and each returns the same error, no damage after successful hit attempt. Charges of Divine Smite also stop replenishing every few minutes, but I do not know at what point they stopped - I believe the problem persisted after engaging a second group of different enemies not vulnerable to Bless Weapon Divine Racial damage.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Cast Bless Weapon on weapon, begin combat with dragon-type enemy, click -usefeat divine smite keybind mid-round, witness hit check, watch error code appear on successful hit with no damage calculation.

Expected Result:
Divine Smite working, rolling the hit and calculating damage regardless of weapon buff or essence, and subsequently continuing to count down a cooldown and recharge rate for the skill every 1.5 minutes (3 without extra smiting feat).

Actual Result:
An error message in the combat log after checking for successful Divine Smite hit, when successful, error appears and no damage calculation. Later Smite attempts consume charges and do not recharge any more, unsure if related.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes
A server transition to Surface before this did happen, but Divine Smite seemed to work just fine for a good while before Bless Weapon came into the picture. There was some notable server lag, as over 100 people were playing on the server at the time.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Divine Smite Log Error, No Damage.

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:10 am

We're looking into this right now :)
Elemental Strike and Eviscerate have the same problem.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Divine Smite Log Error, No Damage.

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:17 pm

This should be fixed now.