A collection of Inflict Minor Wounds Bugs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

kinginyellow

A collection of Inflict Minor Wounds Bugs

Post by kinginyellow » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:14 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Bug 1: Inflict Minor Wounds Suffering Domain Interaction not Working as Intended.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Make a suffering domain cleric
Cast inflict minor wounds on a living target

Expected Result:
Heal for half of damage dealt

Actual Result:
No vampiric Healing is received.

Additional Information/Notes
These were all tested on a Defiler Cleric.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug 2: Defiler Cleric Divine Favour should Maximize Inflict Minor Wounds Damage

Make Defiler Cleric
Cast Divine Favor
Cast Inflict Minor Wounds

Expected Result:
Maximized damage for inflict minor wounds

Actual Result:
Damage is rolled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug 3: Melee Touch Attacks not applying the highest of STR or DEX when the character has Weapon Finesse

Make a character with access to a melee touch attack and higher Dex than STR
Cast said melee touch attack on a target

Expected Result:
AB should be affected by Dex instead of STR

Actual Result:
Dex doesn't affect the AB values

Additional Information/Notes
These were all tested on a Defiler Cleric.

I'm also not sure if the Death Domain empowering effect is applying to inflict Minor wounds. Death Domain Empowering, Divine Power Maximizing, and Suffering Domain Vampiric Healing is applying as intended on other inflict spells.

Edit: If this is intentional to not make a cantrip overtake other inflict spells at higher levels, I get it. I'm only pointing this out because until I can level up enough to get Divine Power, for most encounters summons and inflict minor wounds are my go to. I didn't see anywhere on the documentation that this shouldn't apply though.

Edit 2: Applied correct formating

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: A collection of Inflict Minor Wounds Bugs

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:20 am

Thanks for the report and using the bug report template! Melee touch attacks only work based on STR right now, just like zen archery won't let you use WIS for ranger touch attacks. It'd make sense, definitely, but so far no one's planning to change the base game behavior in this regard.

The Inflict Minor Wounds bugs are indeed working as intended, the spell would be too powerful if it metamagic and vampiric healing applied :)

kinginyellow

Re: A collection of Inflict Minor Wounds Bugs

Post by kinginyellow » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:27 am

Might need to correct the documentation on the wiki then. Death Domain, Suffering Domain and Defiler Cleric all state Inflict Minor Wounds as a spell that these effects apply to.

This was the only reason I posted a bug report, because, yeah a cantrip at level 27 hitting for 81 damage and healing for half would be pretty busted.