-Domain causes issues when not changing domains

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

CHBanger

-Domain causes issues when not changing domains

Post by CHBanger » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:28 am

Description
==========
I had a restat performed on one of my characters which came with 2 tokens for -domain.

I was not changing my domains, however, while I received the correct domain spells, the domain powers (Forge) would not work and both domains (Forge and War) showed 0 charges in the character radial menu.

Doing a -domain shows the two current domains and then trying to change them those domains will not show up on the list.

I tested by changing the Forge domain to Healing and then back to Forge, this consumes 2 tokens, but it did fix the Forge domain special ability.

However, I used up both tokens and cannot do the same for the War domain (Will need some DM help to fix War domain).

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Get a restat but don't change domains
Domain special powers may not be active and you may not slot the domains from the character radial menu (right click, class abilities). Domains show up with 0 charges.

Expected result
-----------------------
If not changing domains due to a restat domain spells and powers should be available.

Actual result
-------------------
Not changing domains after a restat results in access to domain spells, but domain powers will show at 0 charges.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Misc Notes
----------------

Which Server(s)?
------------------------
Distant Shores (Skal)

Gaming Platform(s)?
------------------------------
PC/Steam

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: -Domain causes issues when not changing domains

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:04 pm

Will be fixed soon. Restats erroneously only granted one domain token, rather than two.

CHBanger

Re: -Domain causes issues when not changing domains

Post by CHBanger » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:45 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:04 pm
Will be fixed soon. Restats erroneously only granted one domain token, rather than two.
I did get two. The problem was that I didn't need to change my domains but upon restat the domain powers were not active until I used both tokens to change 1 domain to something else and then back again.

I had 2 tokens. I changed Forge (which is what I already had and wanted to keep) to Healer and then back to Forge in order for the Forge domain power to show as active, this consumes 2 tokens. Otherwise Forge domain shows as 0 charges in the redial menu and cannot be examined or added to the short cut bars.

I do not know how the script works, but when you do a -domain it shows your 2 current domains in slots 1 and 2, if you click one of those then it shows the full list of domains minus the 2 in your slots, so you cannot re-pick them. But, then you cannot confirm that if you do not want to change your domains the tokens do not go away and this seems to affect the domain powers.

One way I can think of "fixing" this would be to either wipe the domain slots clear so that the full list of domains is available, or list all domains so the same domains can be selected again if the person wanted to keep the same domains, or if you do not want to change your domains at all then a confirmation that then resets your domains to the currently selected and wipes any domain tokens the player may have.

So, restat was giving me 2 tokens for domain changes, the problem arises when you don't want to change your domains.

I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

Thank you.