Canceled Writs Vanish

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

JubJub

Canceled Writs Vanish

Post by JubJub » Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:31 pm

I canceled a couple of writs, but now the writ master in Guld never offers them again. It seems they think a canceled writ is the same as completed.

Khorvale

Re: Canceled Writs Vanish

Post by Khorvale » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:53 pm

Is this not supposed to happen? Pretty sure I've had the same thing happen to me in Andunor, just figured it was a level range issue or something though it doesn't seem consequent then

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:51 pm

Writs are only able to be taken once. Canceling them will end the ability to choose the writ. Which is why you need to be careful with which writs you choose and can sacrifice.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

TroubledWaters

Post by TroubledWaters » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:33 pm

This is a really nasty surprise for some players who expect to be able to try a canceled writ again and have canceled a writ for a number of reasons, namely in order to free up space in order to take different writs to party with other players.

I'm not sure what the warning is when trying to cancel a writ, but perhaps a BIGGER, BOLDER warning to deter canceling a writ might be helpful here in order to cause less frustration.

Alternatively, why don't we just let people take canceled, but not completed writs again? What's it hurting?

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:52 pm

Did it always use to be like this? I could of sworn in the past I dumped some cordor writs and picked them back up later. It does seem a bit odd and extreme.