Shared Storage Chests Between Two Locations

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

mandoa

Shared Storage Chests Between Two Locations

Post by mandoa » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:27 am

Description

Logged in on Aliana, checked my food storage shelf in Mayfields Tavern (She owns the lease currently) and found all my food missing, but my ingredient bag, some bottles of alcohol, and salt were still there. Assumed I had been robbed but found no evidence of other missing things so went to gather replacement ingredients. Ran into Miatza Fuzzypaw, who after being told IC what happened was able to determine OOC that they had actually found all the food in Brogendensteins new tavern. After describing what was in the inventory she found and moved versus what used to be on my shelf we were able to determine that the downstairs storage chest/shelf in Brogendensteins Hearthouse Inn is sharing its inventory with the shelf in the Mayfields Tavern and removing items from one removes them from the other. Mia returned the taken food, and I have kept the inventory empty for now to prevent further issues until this can be resolved.

Expected result

Storage shelf should save items and allow only retrieval from that shelf.

Actual result

Shelves appear to be sharing inventory and allowing people in two different places to access the same inventory space.

Misc Notes

This only happened within the last couple of days. I do not know if the inventories were always shared but Mia only found it because the tavern was not under ownership and she poked around the private areas since it was unlocked. So I am uncertain if some other change prompted the issue, or if it was like this the whole time since the overhaul of areas went in and nobody noticed. Didn't really do any troubleshooting other than posting a report and getting the stuff back. Am currently storing the food on myself/downstairs storage chest.

Based off talking to Mia, the downstairs storage is not connected to either of the other two storage chests in Brog's tavern because she didn't find anything in them.

Which Server(s)?
Surface

Gaming Platform(s)?

Windows/Beamdog Client

Twohand
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Shared Storage Chests Between Two Locations

Post by Twohand » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:06 am

I'm submitting a fix.