Leases not working

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Bebopcola2021

Leases not working

Post by Bebopcola2021 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:50 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
Flan and Numhys have both experienced lapses in leases which should not have lapsed, as they had recently refreshed Sembla Clinic and the ISU house in Guldorand respectively.
Flan ended up buying the shop back, and Numhys and I have both put bids back for our house. Looters took all of my materials and bags from storage. The more "personal" items like dresses and book bags they threw in the charity barrel (at least they didn't trash them).

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
There have been two individuals this has happened to, and I know Flan made an appeal.

Expected Result:
That we keep our residences and shops because we pay our rent and refresh the quarters once every seven IRL days

Actual Result:
My friends and I are losing our homes and businesses, and subsequently our items since the houses become "fair game" when they're "abandoned".

Screenshot(s)
None taken

Additional Information/Notes Our characters have already re-located and I have accepted the fact that I will never see any of my materials again.

DM Spark

Re: Leases not working

Post by DM Spark » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:57 pm

Bebopcola2021 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:50 pm

since the houses become "fair game" when they're "abandoned".

https://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Rules#No_Excessive_Theft

"Abandoned" or "For sale" properties still fall under the no excessive theft rules. Please be sure to review the rules in the wiki link above.

In addition, if you have a situation to report for DM investigation, please do so through private PM to the Active DM group and not via a bug report aimed more at technical/mechanical bugs for devs to fix/investigate.

Bebopcola2021

Post by Bebopcola2021 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:02 pm

Wouldn't the lease system fall under a "mechanical issue"? I will try a PM here though (I never get a response when I PM DMs in game)

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:19 am

DM Spark wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:57 pm
Bebopcola2021 wrote:

"Abandoned" or "For sale" properties still fall under the no excessive theft rules. Please be sure to review the rules in the wiki link above.

In addition, if you have a situation to report for DM investigation, please do so through private PM to the Active DM group and not via a bug report aimed more at technical/mechanical bugs for devs to fix/investigate.

Do they?

If so, maybe this should be an announcement, because I think it's pretty safe to say most players don't know that. When houses become abandoned it's pretty standard practice for people to come in and take everything.

Bebopcola2021

Post by Bebopcola2021 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:49 am

Exactly...I didn't know that. I've cleared out empty rooms in the past. :lol:

Ellisaria

Post by Ellisaria » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:52 am

DM Spark wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:57 pm
Bebopcola2021 wrote:

The provided link to the rules states the following:

Released / Abandoned property is not protected by the Excessive Theft Rules.

"For Sale" is protected.
"Abandoned" is not.

Bebopcola2021

Post by Bebopcola2021 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:12 pm

But doesn't a room/residence go into a "for sale/rent" state when it IS "abandoned" past the seven day mark?
I don't know, the looting was only a secondary issue- the main being that places are going up for sale/rent when their owners HAVE refreshed the property within seven days.

silverpheonix

Post by silverpheonix » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:31 pm

Bebopcola2021 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:12 pm

But doesn't a room/residence go into a "for sale/rent" state when it IS "abandoned" past the seven day mark?
I don't know, the looting was only a secondary issue- the main being that places are going up for sale/rent when their owners HAVE refreshed the property within seven days.

What is even the mechanical difference in what is displayed? I've only ever seen "For Sale" even on properties which have not been occupied for ages (looking at you, Arcane Tower).

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:56 am

silverpheonix wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:31 pm
Bebopcola2021 wrote:

What is even the mechanical difference in what is displayed? I've only ever seen "For Sale" even on properties which have not been occupied for ages (looking at you, Arcane Tower).

One will say, "This quarter is owned by x, and is up for sale"
The other will say, "This quarter is currently unowned, and is up for sale"
There's also one that say it will currently be released?

I'm assuming when there's a name attached to it, the Theft rules apply. Otherwise, not.

Recent Characters:
Aramis - "S'fine piece of art yer havin' there." (Shelved)
Eradyn - Trying to make the world a better place. (Shelved)
[Redacted] - ? (?)
Skek - Happiness in Endless Industry. (Rolled)

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:07 pm

I've looked into both of these situations and found that the quarters were not refreshed properly which led to them being set for sale. To refresh a quarter, you have to open a locked door that is tied to the property, and you should get a popup message over your character that says something like "You have refreshed your quarter."

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:08 pm

BattleDrake wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:56 am
silverpheonix wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:31 pm
Bebopcola2021 wrote:

One will say, "This quarter is owned by x, and is up for sale"
The other will say, "This quarter is currently unowned, and is up for sale"
There's also one that say it will currently be released?

I'm assuming when there's a name attached to it, the Theft rules apply. Otherwise, not.

BattleDrake has the right of it here. Quarters that are toggled as for sale will have the owners name attached still, and the items inside are protected by the 24/hr theft rule. Quarters that are open due to abandonment will not have the owners name attached to the sign, and the items inside are not protected.

chocolatelover

Post by chocolatelover » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:51 pm

I have noticed quarters inside a building refresh differently than those more like houses. In The Ezgle you merely open and close the door from either side. No need to even step outside the door. But my friend had a farmland house in Cordor. He got busy and hopped on to open and close the door one night. Came back the next day to do full RP and the house was up for sale and all his stuff was gone. So be careful and make sure you get a refresh message.