Monks lack proficiency with gutting knives

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Troutsworth

Monks lack proficiency with gutting knives

Post by Troutsworth » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:31 pm

Description of Bug Experienced: When attempting to equip a gutting knife, it presents a message that the character is not proficient, and applies the -8 AB. More importantly, however, it disallows use of the knife's special ability to gut fish when not proficient. Multiple gutting knives have also been tried.

Steps to reproduce the Bug: As a pure monk character, attempt to equip and use a gutting knife.

Expected Result: The knife could be used to gut the fish, as monks have the required proficiency.

Actual Result: The character is declared not proficient, and cannot gut fish with the knife.

Screenshot(s) Image

Additional Information/Notes: I noticed this was reported a couple months back, and I didn't know whether to bump that thread or make a new one. I just guessed.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Monks lack proficiency with gutting knives

Post by Sincra » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Troutsworth wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:31 pm

Description of Bug Experienced: When attempting to equip a gutting knife, it presents a message that the character is not proficient, and applies the -8 AB. More importantly, however, it disallows use of the knife's special ability to gut fish when not proficient. Multiple gutting knives have also been tried.

Steps to reproduce the Bug: As a pure monk character, attempt to equip and use a gutting knife.

Expected Result: The knife could be used to gut the fish, as monks have the required proficiency.

Actual Result: The character is declared not proficient, and cannot gut fish with the knife.

Screenshot(s) Image

Additional Information/Notes: I noticed this was reported a couple months back, and I didn't know whether to bump that thread or make a new one. I just guessed.

Should be fixed soon.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.