Spyglasses and ballistas doesn't work during sailing

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Butter Butterfly

Spyglasses and ballistas doesn't work during sailing

Post by Butter Butterfly » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Description:
When I'm sailing, I click on the spyglasses and the menu doesn't show up. Same thing with the ballista, when I click on it for reload and shot, no menu shows up. This never happened before with the other characters of mine!

Expected results
Misc notes

Actual results

Gamin platform
Mac os

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Spyglasses and ballistas doesn't work during sailing

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:36 pm

Butter Butterfly wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Description:
When I'm sailing, I click on the spyglasses and the menu doesn't show up. Same thing with the ballista, when I click on it for reload and shot, no menu shows up. This never happened before with the other characters of mine!

Expected results
Misc notes

Actual results

Gamin platform
Mac os

That's odd. I've noticed the windows, for some reason, sometimes though rarely does not open. Though only locally and mostly when I've been tabbed out for a while and then come back in.

Have you tried just relogging to see if that fixes it?

Butter Butterfly

Post by Butter Butterfly » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:41 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:36 pm
Butter Butterfly wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:24 pm

Description:

Expected results
Misc notes

Actual results

Gamin platform
Mac os

That's odd. I've noticed the windows, for some reason, sometimes though rarely does not open. Though only locally and mostly when I've been tabbed out for a while and then come back in.

Have you tried just relogging to see if that fixes it?

I have tried to relog, nothing happens.

PowerWord Rage

Post by PowerWord Rage » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:48 pm

The cooldown bar for spyglass assessing and loading ballista seems to bug each other.

On the ship, i kept both 'bar' on so that it's easier to navigate. However, once you assess a ship and immediately release the shot on your ballista, you actually can't load the ballista until the cooldown for the spyglass is over and EVEN then, you need to close the ballista window, reopens it for loading the javellin to work and fires off.

Butter Butterfly

Post by Butter Butterfly » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:39 pm

PowerWord Rage wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:48 pm

The cooldown bar for spyglass assessing and loading ballista seems to bug each other.

On the ship, i kept both 'bar' on so that it's easier to navigate. However, once you assess a ship and immediately release the shot on your ballista, you actually can't load the ballista until the cooldown for the spyglass is over and EVEN then, you need to close the ballista window, reopens it for loading the javellin to work and fires off.

There is no cooldown, because i couldn't open the menu to start anything! My character actually never used a spyglass or any siege weapon because of this.

PowerWord Rage

Post by PowerWord Rage » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:22 am

I'm simply listing another bug associated with ballista and spyglass on top of yours.
Looks like there're more than just a couple of issues which need to be addressed.

I've actually notice an issue with this that these bar actually 'lay' on top of each other.

It means to say if you use spyglass or click on the trackless sea map and use the command -ship.
Their window could possibly overlap each other hence, you don't actually see them at all unless you move the -ship window (which is the largest) away.

Butter Butterfly

Post by Butter Butterfly » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:09 am

PowerWord Rage wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:22 am

I'm simply listing another bug associated with ballista and spyglass on top of yours.
Looks like there're more than just a couple of issues which need to be addressed.

I've actually notice an issue with this that these bar actually 'lay' on top of each other.

It means to say if you use spyglass or click on the trackless sea map and use the command -ship.
Their window could possibly overlap each other hence, you don't actually see them at all unless you move the -ship window (which is the largest) away.

Also, as an update, I can't even access to the ship wheel or to the trackless map. I can't do anything on a boat, i just right click on the objects, and nothing happens.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:15 am

PowerWord Rage wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:48 pm

Yeah Ive fixed this bug and should be live next reset. Thanks for reporting though.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:17 am

Butter Butterfly wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:09 am
PowerWord Rage wrote:

Also, as an update, I can't even access to the ship wheel or to the trackless map. I can't do anything on a boat, i just right click on the objects, and nothing happens.

Again, very weird. Can you open any NUI windows at all? Things not related to the ship system? Can you type:
-ship
And does that open up the new NUI?

As a fallback, for consoles / systems, not supporting NUI it should default back to the old Dialog files. But you are on a Mac OS which should support it. I wonder if this is a Mac issue related to NUI or something else.

Butter Butterfly

Post by Butter Butterfly » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:53 pm

ActionReplay wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:17 am
Butter Butterfly wrote:
PowerWord Rage wrote:

Again, very weird. Can you open any NUI windows at all? Things not related to the ship system? Can you type:
-ship

As a fallback, for consoles / systems, not supporting NUI it should default back to the old Dialog files. But you are on a Mac OS which should support it. I wonder if this is a Mac issue related to NUI or something else.

When i type "-ship stats" it works! Anyway, in few days I should switch to a new pc windows, let's see if this will happen again.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:53 pm

Butter Butterfly wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:53 pm
ActionReplay wrote:
Butter Butterfly wrote:

-ship

When i type "-ship stats" it works! Anyway, in few days I should switch to a new pc windows, let's see if this will happen again.

"-ship stats" is using NWNX, not the NUI functionality, so makes sense that works for you. But I'm curious to know if you are having issues with other NUI windows on Arelith, like the fixture command?

Could be its a MacOS issue, if thats the case it should be reported to Beamdog so it can be patched.

Butter Butterfly

Post by Butter Butterfly » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:41 am

ActionReplay wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:53 pm
Butter Butterfly wrote:
ActionReplay wrote:

-ship

"-ship stats" is using NWNX, not the NUI functionality, so makes sense that works for you. But I'm curious to know if you are having issues with other NUI windows on Arelith, like the fixture command?

Could be its a MacOS issue, if thats the case it should be reported to Beamdog so it can be patched.

I checked, and I can't access any NUI function.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:17 am

Butter Butterfly wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:41 am
ActionReplay wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:53 pm
Butter Butterfly wrote:

I checked, and I can't access any NUI function.

Then its a NUI bug for MacOS, should be reported to beamdog if they still do patch work.