Barbarian Rage Bugs 2.0

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

The Pretty Prince of Parties

Barbarian Rage Bugs 2.0

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Found a new one - figured I'd drudge up all the older ones I'd found before as well:

Shiny New Bug! Barbarians wielding a 1-handed weapon w/o anything in their offhand are supposed to gain the same bonus damage that barbarians wielding 2-handed weapons do; they do not and instead gain their normal bonus regardless of whether a shield or second weapon is equipped (the barbarian's rage level in bonus damage.) Tested w/a spear and a longsword.

Older Bugs

1) All bonus damage from raging is piercing damage - it overrides, rather than stacks, with any bonus piercing damage from, say, a masterly damask spear. This means that barbarians who use spears, or who have to use a dagger/shortsword in a pinch, gain significantly less from raging than other barbarians do.

2) Barbarian Rage can be used in werewolf mode, which may debatably be a bug. The massive boosts to your CON mod you get from turning at higher levels make passing your save to remain in control a cinch (I guess my random guy from the Moonshaes is angrier than Malar is?)

3) The 50% speed boost causes the bonus speed from the default Barbarian Fast Movement to disappear once rage ends, leaving the barbarian moving at base speed. This can be fixed by removing and replacing your armor.

Cortex

Re: Barbarian Rage Bugs 2.0

Post by Cortex » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:32 pm

The second issue is the opposite of a problem.
:)

Hunter548

Re: Barbarian Rage Bugs 2.0

Post by Hunter548 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Yeah barb rage should definitely be usable in werewolf form to my mind.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.