Animal Copainions not responding to orders

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Katze

Animal Copainions not responding to orders

Post by Katze » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:56 pm

ive noticed that with the new script, animal companions now and then will ignore the attack command. They ill juswt sit there and do nothing, even when attacked.
Whatever action one takes IG, con be explained by something logical.

Preacher

Re: Animal Copainions not responding to orders

Post by Preacher » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:33 am

I've been noticing the lack of response as I tried all the options a number of times: the quick key command, right click attack nearest AND guard me.... he finally responded on guard me but only because I had been hit at that point i think.
You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.

Winter83

Post by Winter83 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:43 pm

It was working nicely with Rat companion. As a matter of fact I had a tough time keeping the animal in check, as it was too eager to run off attacking.

Lag-related?

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:55 am

the attack command works, the problem is that their version of attacking is sitting there using up all their abillities. Fey will cast see invis until they use it up.

The orders they dont respond to are the "stay put" orders. no matter how hard you try, no matter how far away you park the familiars, once battle starts, they always rush towards you and draw attacks to your caster, thus leaving the only option to leave them unsummoned. What good are they doing you then? none.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Preacher

Post by Preacher » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:39 pm

would be nice if we could get summons/animal companions/familars etc to be like the golums, you can toggle spell casting so they just attack instead of use spells
You have the thanks of a grateful server conglomeration of nations... Thanks!
:) - Jjjerm

Yevon - it would have been safer for me to walk around Wharftown proclaiming Bane to be the god of love and pink frills.

Yellena

Post by Yellena » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Possible lag relaged. I menaged to control perfectly a familiar, a summon and a golem at same time, but the server wasn't full.
The only time a summon didn't obey well was with the boar companions but the server had 30+ people.
I woudl ask for those with summons or companions order issues, to post what kind of pet they have, so I can see if there is a pattern. :)

Also, try to enter the dialog with your familiar and tell it to change what it's doing: asks to stay away form you and see if works better.