Improvments for the Church of Bane, Minmir,

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Zed

Improvments for the Church of Bane, Minmir,

Post by Zed » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:26 am

These are all simply suggestions, nothing that I am asking for I would be mad if it did not happen

Currently the quarter situation is a bit dismal, Our members unable to have quarters within the Church or anywhere remotely near the church at all. as well as the fact that we have no Paper, or Alcohal being sold anywhere near the premises.

I am proposing a few QoL improvements, as well as a change of scenery if possible.

1. If possible, a change of the layout to include Zhentarim Scenery, if available within the toolset, before the Zhent army arrives (Probably not possible though)

2. A tavern area, or a distillery added into a sublevel of the temple, Which could be excavated.

3. A Barracks area, with small quarters added, I would prefer atleast 8 more quarters added in a sublevel of the church underneath the temple.

4. An arcane area, dedicated to Necromancy, Considering the majority of Mages that tend to join the church are barred from the Arcane tower, and most civilized areas, as well as Open banites being banned from UD settlements historically, The mages of the Banites have no place to go to be mages. Which I have been finding to be the main reason why we cannot retain membership above anything else. This would be great if it had a few Mage quarters as well.

5. Additional guards posted outside of the keep area, and in the keep, to prevent NPCs from being killed by Ogres that are constantly climbing the walls of the Church, or at the very least removal of that particular spawn right next to the church so they arent blocking members from entering.

(The ogre thing is a huge problem, basically because you need to be level 12-15 to reach the church, and most Banite surfacers end up rolling characters because they cannot get to the location without help. and finding them before they lose interest in their characters is difficult to say the least, Since creating bisik I have noted atleast 25 characters that have sacrificed or lossed interest in their character because of the difficulties of fitting into a society that ostracizes them, and mechanical disadvantages in order to reach the area they have needed to get to)

6., A walled section outside of the church, with a Blacksmith shoppe, And perhaps a few Monster race quarters. 3 or 4, (these would look almost like stables)

Now hear me out on this one... The Banites and the Zhentarim, while not exactly respecting monster races have lorewise employed almost every kind, and even provide them places to stay provided that they continue to serve, even as secondary class citizens.

The Zhents for Example have been noted to employ, supported by Lore; Gnolls (to a large extent Gnolls are used as a shock troop), Goblins as messengers and supplementary forces, Ogres, Dragons, Wyverns, and even the occasional beholder and vampires.

I would say that if there was anywhere for a monster race to be able to live, it would serve the Bane Church to be that place. The creatures would still be treated foully but would have a place to stay within the surface if they are exiled from the UD for any reason. Which I have found to be pretty common among Goblins, Gnolls (Most especially), and an ogre or two.

Currently the Surface has no place for an evil person to go, so they will join the church in order for like mindedness, but the Church ends up suffering because those members lose interest because they cannot store any goods, cannot purchase amenities (Mostly because they are exiled from civilized places), or they cannot continuously make the trek to the Church.

What this ends up leading to is the "Spy game" Which is where most state that we should do, Which ends up becoming more of a hassle and less engaging because the Spies end up not doing anything, and nobody actually knows where allegiances end up laying after a change of command.

While I am not asking for the Church to become Wharftown 2.0 I am asking that we can be provided with enough space for the Banites/Zhents To be able to grow and be an actual cohesive unit.

Considering now that Minmir is really the only place for evil characters to congregate and actually /BE/ Evil. It would go a far way to help