Sailing Skill

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Zariu

Sailing Skill

Post by Zariu » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi! I wanted to suggest that with the new ship changes and sailing adjustments, that making sailing into a skill be considered. This would allow characters to skill into it as make sense for their backstory and story on Arelith. And it seems to fit in with having things like riding and climbing be skills.

This could be tied to using the sextant, chance of finding the rarer islands or other parts of ship navigation. There was even a mention of it affecting ship combat though I can't speak much as to how that might work. I haven't played much with that part of the new system. There is potential too that bonuses to it could be tied to the ranking of pirate tattoos giving a small bonus to the skill.

Thank you!

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Sailing Skill

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Zariu wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:00 pm
Hi! I wanted to suggest that with the new ship changes and sailing adjustments, that making sailing into a skill be considered. This would allow characters to skill into it as make sense for their backstory and story on Arelith. And it seems to fit in with having things like riding and climbing be skills.

This could be tied to using the sextant, chance of finding the rarer islands or other parts of ship navigation. There was even a mention of it affecting ship combat though I can't speak much as to how that might work. I haven't played much with that part of the new system. There is potential too that bonuses to it could be tied to the ranking of pirate tattoos giving a small bonus to the skill.

Thank you!
The Skill is called Profession (Sailor) and is absolutely worth looking into.