Alternate Shaman Casting source

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Thalion

Alternate Shaman Casting source

Post by Thalion » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:40 am

So this stems from a few discussions i have had with a few people;

To change the 'resource' shamans use to cast away from piety, and for that matter spell components, to a 'resource' that generates over time, up to a certain amount deemed appropriate for balancing.

a potential example of this would be that every 'tick' the shaman class builds a 'shamanic casting' resource that replaces the function of piety and spell components. The reasoning behind this stems from that shamans get their magic from a vast array of sources, and that slowly gaining their resource over time allows for a more fluid representation of how they gain their magic. for keeping it balanced with the other casting resources (spell components and piety that can be gained via gold, or killing/healing what have you) perhaps the shaman could gain a feat that gives them a replenishment of this resource once per rest, up to X amount per class level, as a representation of them performing whatever act they need to do to gain this resource.

This largely is a flavor for shaman suggestion, inspired by my own character, whom i RP as gaining their magic by theft, having to pop back to an alter to pray regularly because i casted too much feels strange, since shamans do not, as a rule, get their magic from divine favor.