Haunted Caverns

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

KeldonDonovans

Haunted Caverns

Post by KeldonDonovans » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:20 am

I know, I know, the solution is "FOIG". I'm not suggesting otherwise. What I am suggesting is ~some~ method, other than guess and check, that provides some semblance of an idea as to how to pass it. Two of us got stuck in there last night and almost thirsted to death because of how long we spent trying levers, all to no avail. I remember it used to (back in the old day) have issue with working if there was any latency issue, and I'm not sure if that was the case or not. What I am sure of is that it was not enjoyable, even if we had gotten through, but rather just something that needed to be done to progress.

Don't get me wrong, I love puzzles as much as anyone, maybe even more. This is not a puzzle, it is guess and check until a door opens. I even tried translating the German on the levers, but all that does is describe a lever. We pulled every single lever, we formed every pattern conceivable, short of attempting the 1024 possible inputs (and that's assuming every lever only counts individual pulls, and there isn't some trick to "Pull lever 1 three times" or some such) we had no indication that we were getting anywhere.

So the suggestion is this: Some sort of hint, or even something as simple as a pop up that says "the stones grind back to their original position" or some such when we pull the lever, because as is, we don't know if the puzzle is even resetting. This puzzle is not difficult due to the intricacy of the theory and logic behind it, but rather due to the mechanics of NWN. It is exceedingly difficult, IC, to respond to that kind of short coming, and amounts to RPing about Lag spikes. Thank you for your time.